BTconnect in combination with an I-Phone 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTconnect in combination with an I-Phone 4

Does anybody use BTconnect in combination with an I-Phone 4?
    I’ve installed BTconnect a few dayd ago and keep having the same problem; When my I-Phone is found by BTconnect the status stays at ‘Device connected’ but after a maximum of several minutes, the status changes to ‘Device away’. After that time the connection seems to be randomly change from ‘Device connected’ to ‘Device away’.
    Last edited by Rupp; March 21, 2011, 06:23 AM.

You should post this in the plugin forum so the plugin author is sure to see this but it sounds like you may be on the fringe of coverage. Does it do this if the phone is next to the BT dongle.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think iPhone is designed like this. Its to preserve battery. The phone goes to sleep with BT and Wifi, and then it wakes up when you unlock it.

Comment

The Bluetooth does not power down when the iPhone sleeps like the wifi does. I have very few problems keeping a BTconnect with the iPhone 4 throughout the time my phone is within range of the Bluetooth signal. I did however find that the connection was significantly improved (kept getting disconnects like you state) with the purchase of a long range BT dongle for the computer. Prior I had to be nearly in the same room, now I can be anywhere on my property, and even across the street.
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X