Spontaneous and random "All Units On" being sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spontaneous and random "All Units On" being sent

I have a new problem involving the spontaneous and random sending of "All Units On" to my X10 devices including X10 devices of two different housecodes. What is strange about these events is that there is nothing in the the Homeseer log about what has been output. So, my thought is that there is a problem with my ACT TL103 and I have ordered a replacement to see if this solves the problem. I have not been able to find anyone posting this problem yet on the Community Support site and I would be interested to know, if anyone else may have experienced this problem.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Do you have any palm pads laying around by any chance? I had one get stuck inside a sofa cushion for a week, before I figured it out. It kept sending an X-10 code out overwhelming HS and my ISY/99i interface, to the point that non of my insteon devices would work!
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Thanks for the response. I do not think this is the issue, since I do not have palm pads around. However, don't you think if it were a device such as a palm pad sending out a signal, I would see this logged on the Homeseer log? I don't see anything logged to explain the event. I do have motion detectors around and I do see their changes logged.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

sounds to me like normal x10 garbage, i used to have those kind of things happen all the time when i was trying to use x10 as primary.
        HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

I had some issues like that the first time I deployed X-10, but that was like 10 years ago, I would hope it has improved some since then...

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
            I have a new problem involving the spontaneous and random sending of "All Units On" to my X10 devices including X10 devices of two different housecodes. What is strange about these events is that there is nothing in the the Homeseer log about what has been output.
            I don't believe there is an "All Units On" command in X10 group command protocol. There is "All Lights ON", "All Units OFF" and the no longer used "All Lights OFF". I don't think it will be a T103 problem unless the command is "All Lights ON".

Where are you seeing this?

If suddenly "everything" is coming on, that is a different X10 problem. I thought X10 had fixed the problem. Here is a couple of questions which may help identify problem:
            Are Appliance Modules being turned on?
            Are you experiencing power flicker or brown out conditions?
            Last edited by Dave W; March 23, 2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I had a HawkEye motion sensor that I suspected of sending an All Units Off command with no apparent reason, but as you noted, it is virtually impossible to determine what originates the command. It would happen unpredictably, and created considerable confusion until I tracked it down. (It actually took several events to realize what was going on.)

In my case I disabled the All Units Off and All Lights On commands on all house codes in the ACRF2 plug-in, and since then the problem has not reoccurred.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I just logged on to the forum to post about something similar... I have recently been seeing all sorts of X10 received items in the log (mostly on house codes I do not use). I have no device capable of issuing X10 commands except the CM11. The commands do not actually operate anything (they are status updates) but it is odd. Also, I have noticed unusual slowness in executing X10 commands (for example, I send a command to turn on a light and it does so 5 minutes later... it used to be 1-2 secs). I have passive filters on my power supply, and there is no one in the vicinity using X10... I am really at a loss. If the CM11 was acting up, how could it be sending X10 commands with such a delay?

Any suggestions (except to ditch X10, that I already know and is on my to-do list...)?

Cheers
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

I suspect this is a different problem, probably a device - maybe not even an X10 device - putting noise on the line. You can search the board for similar reports, but here is one thread on the subject. The only way to address this issue that I am aware of is to turn off each of your circuits until you can narrow down to the circuit with the culprit, then start unplugging devices until you find the one that is at fault.
                  Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

pyspilf,
                    Many times, a slow command output of X10 signals is due to many output commands being queued by HomeSeer (HS). This can usually be confirmed by watching the status bar light on any X10 wall dimmer module. If the status bar flickers continuously at some arbitrary interval, it is likely due to these queued commands. Since the queue architecture is "first-in, first-out," your command will have to wait for all previous output commands to execute. I believe queued commands may also be discarded if you restart HS.

If you have anything that receives the X10 RF signals from PalmPad controllers, such as a TM751 RF Transceiver, or any "whole house" transceiver, unplug it and allow some time for queued output commands to finish. Some early TM751 transceivers did not have an effective automatic gain control (AGC) to compensate for RF noise.

Comment

Well, just as oddly as the issue appeared it has gone away, and the system is back to its responsive self... by the way, I was unable to determine the root cause, no X10 command queueing, yet commands would take a few minutes to happen... for the moment, I will leave it alone, and continue my research into a suitable X10 replacement alternative (old issue of DIN mounted modules for which 2-way alternatives don't exist)

Cheers!

Sandro
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
                        Do you have any palm pads laying around by any chance? I had one get stuck inside a sofa cushion for a week, before I figured it out. It kept sending an X-10 code out overwhelming HS and my ISY/99i interface, to the point that non of my insteon devices would work!

just wanted to bump this back up in the forums for anyone new that hasnt seen this.. i am notorious for having palmpads on my garage workbench. then it gets overwhelmed with tons of stuff... which it has for 2 weeks. for the last 2 weeks i noticed the porch light wasnt working right and some other things.... but z-wave was fine..
                        so i knew i had 2 togglelinc switches the kids hit too hard and popped the circuit board back out of the upper right clip... sooo fixed both of them and still had the issue.. then found a palmpad deep under stuff just sitting there.... hahahahahaa got me....
                        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                        X