Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please help! homeseer/zwave issues - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help! homeseer/zwave issues - Fixed!

Hi - I've been using homeseer for years, with x10. now I've switched to zwave, bought a ztroller, and a bunch of modules. I have a controller that works just fine (the older one that doesn't work right with dst and doesn't allow offsets from sunset/sunup).
    but homeseer is not working right! I can't get events to execute, like at sunset. it never appears in the log, that it even tried. I CAN get events to execute if I run them manually!! sometimes it reports errors in the log, but the lights turn on/off. I've done network optimization, it's hit or miss if it gets through that without errors. but the point is that I can usually get devices to work manually. but not through events! (sunset, absolute time).

also - how do I get homeseer to start automatically with windows? (xp) I can't seem to find that.

I'd be very grateful for any help, this is driving me nuts...I didn't have these problems with x10 (just other reliability issues! )

Ron

Originally posted by RonK View Post
    Hi - I've been using homeseer for years, with x10. now I've switched to zwave, bought a ztroller, and a bunch of modules. I have a controller that works just fine (the older one that doesn't work right with dst and doesn't allow offsets from sunset/sunup).
    but homeseer is not working right! I can't get events to execute, like at sunset. it never appears in the log, that it even tried. I CAN get events to execute if I run them manually!! sometimes it reports errors in the log, but the lights turn on/off. I've done network optimization, it's hit or miss if it gets through that without errors. but the point is that I can usually get devices to work manually. but not through events! (sunset, absolute time).

also - how do I get homeseer to start automatically with windows? (xp) I can't seem to find that.

I'd be very grateful for any help, this is driving me nuts...I didn't have these problems with x10 (just other reliability issues! )

Ron
    While we wait for Rupp to jump in with "What version of HS are you running?" I can answer the auto-startup question. Just right-drag-drop the HS executable into the Startup program group.

All my sunset stuff is working fine here...
    HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
    68 Z-Wave Nodes, 175 Events, 359 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

ah, of course, should have included that - sorry...I think I'm up to date, 2.5.0.5.

and I figured I could drop it into the startup folder, but I thought there'd be something within options to tell it to start with windows. it's been years since I installed homeseer on my other pc to work with x10 (this is a different pc I'm running it on now).

Comment

If you do not have do not log this event checked then you should see the events logged if they are set up properlly. Give us a screen shot of the event and maybe we can spot something.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

yeah, most newer apps include a "start with windows" checkbox, but that may come in a future release.

Also, go to the Setup page, then click the "Web Site" tab.
          Turn on the "Show last change column"

This allows you to see what date/time the last event ran on the Events page. That might give you an idea of when HS thinks it last ran your sunset event. Also, enable logging on the event.
          HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
          68 Z-Wave Nodes, 175 Events, 359 Devices
          UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
          Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

If things are optimizing properly-- I would add more zwave repeaters inbetween.

Make sure on the event page you have unclicked " Disable Automatic Event Triggering". By default it is on and you need to manually shut it off.
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
            Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
            weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I would not expect that this is an issue that will be solved by optimizing because he is seeing nothing in the logs, and the logs should be showing fails if nothing else.

The first thing I would check, beyond making sure that you do not have "Do not log events" checked is that when you set up the new events, you UNchecked the "Disable this event" checkbox that is on by default in HS.

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                If things are optimizing properly-- I would add more zwave repeaters inbetween.

Make sure on the event page you have unclicked " Disable Automatic Event Triggering". By default it is on and you need to manually shut it off.
                OH MY GO[SH]!!!!!!! you're right...I can't believe I missed that...it was checked. I even had the circle/slash icon on the event page next to each event, and I totally missed it. I feel so stupid, I didn't even give a thought to what that meant.

Sheesh. Well, now I'll see if things work this evening. thank you for making me see the obvious! at least it was something simple.

On another note - I did add a couple of more plug in modules to try to improve network coverage, but I still get incomplete network optimizations, it's usually not 100% successful. And I've noticed that even though a light will go on when I click it on in homeseer, it'll log that it failed to communicate. so - when you say "zwave repeater" are you referring to a specific repeater product, or do you mean just another plug-in module?

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  yeah, most newer apps include a "start with windows" checkbox, but that may come in a future release.

Also, go to the Setup page, then click the "Web Site" tab.
                  Turn on the "Show last change column"

This allows you to see what date/time the last event ran on the Events page. That might give you an idea of when HS thinks it last ran your sunset event. Also, enable logging on the event.
                  thanks, this was helpful too, turning on the show last change column. I thought I'd read the homeseer doc, but I guess I have to look for it again.

I don't have logging disabled on the event, if that's what you mean.

Comment

Working...
                  X