How to use a GE 45601 remote control with the z-stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how to configure either the Z-stick or the GE (Jasco) remote control so I can use both to control z-wave modules. I think I should be able to make one of them a secondary controller, but I can't find any specific information on how to do it.

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Go to the section of the 45601 instructions labeled "Copying Information to this REmote' and do what it says. Then remove the z-stick from your computer and press the button on it. You should get a success on the remotes screen.

Comment

And then what?

Do I then go thru the 'add device to network' directions in order to assign devices to buttons? I was able to successfully create a group. Haven't tried a 'light' yet.
      Edit: I did that and it worked fine. I can assign buttons to lights and it seems to work fine.
      Last edited by bholio; March 27, 2011, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much. I was successfully able to transfer the node information from the Z-stick to the 45601 GE remote by following the steps in the "Copying Information to this remote" section in the advanced section of the operating manual. I then added each module back to the number keys. I am now able to control the z-wave modules with both the remote and homeseer.

Thanks, I would have never figured this out!

Steve Q
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

More details Please

Steve, could you provide a bit more informtion on the procedure that I need to follow. In particular I would like to control my Z-wave thermostats from the remote. I have both thermostats enrolled with Homeseer and can control them from Hoemseer & HS Touch but I need a bit more detail on how to transfer data to the remote and then use the remote to contol the thermostats.

Thanks

Comment

I have the Trane WIBTZW005 Z-wave thermostat. I am not able to use the 45601 remote to control it. I could not figure out how to add the thermostat to the remote.

If you figure it out, please post it here. I am interested in this.

Steve Q

Comment

Anyone ever figure out how to do this? I have both the 45600 and 45601 and was hoping to use the 45601 to setup to control my lights and thermostat (Honeywell), then transfer to the 45600. The problems are that I can't get the Thermostat to be added to the remote (I assume since it is already part of the HomeSeer network). Also, I had ready I could copy the 45601 to the 45600 to get devices to work, but I can't get that to work while they are part of the HomeSeer network. . .??

I can add HS controlled lights to the 45601 manually after it joins the network. . .

Comment

I have not made any further attempts to get this working. I use my iPhone/iPad to control my t-stat.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Thanks for the update. Did you ever try to get it to work when not on the HS network? I haven't and was thinking about at least trying. Probably better to just get a check used tablet/phone. . .that is what I am thinking so far.

Comment

Working...
                  X