Whats the best method of deisgin a MCE remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the best method of deisgin a MCE remote

MCE remote for HS touch. I was wondering what hte best method of doing htis is. I just need to control each rooms PC that has Media center on it. I share 8 tuners across the network as well as a WHS media server and audio server.

I just want to make it WAF as possible.

I have GC devices one GC100-12 and GC100-6 unit but i primarily just use them for media control of the audio equipment. For video i have no control right now.

Any suggestions I would like something like MCEremote on android that works decent.

I have a plugin for controlling media centers here...

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1095

I use this in conjunction with my screens that I designed in HSTouch to control my media centers. The nice thing is that you get status feedback as well. Sorry for the shameless plug, but it is a solution that works for what I believe you are asking.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

does it only work with sage or does it work wiht std MCE.

with ceton i know i cant get it to work with sagetv. if that is the interface we are talking about. also any examples of your screen layout in hstouch. that is my last thing to finish up i just rather have slick interface for the WAF approval
      Last edited by tt300zrcr; April 5, 2011, 01:56 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. The Sage part doesn't relate to sage tv. It is Sage Software which is what I release my plugins under. It is windows media center. As a mater of fact, I am running a Ceton card as well. (since last August)
        Last edited by tpchristian; April 6, 2011, 12:00 PM.
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

okay easy enough then ill start designing tonight. I have 9 tuners total so its quite challenge when every room technically has its own pc wth basic mce remotes

Comment

Originally posted by tt300zrcr View Post
            MCE remote for HS touch. I was wondering what hte best method of doing htis is. I just need to control each rooms PC that has Media center on it. I share 8 tuners across the network as well as a WHS media server and audio server.

I just want to make it WAF as possible.

I have GC devices one GC100-12 and GC100-6 unit but i primarily just use them for media control of the audio equipment. For video i have no control right now.

Any suggestions I would like something like MCEremote on android that works decent.
            I know I am a little late in my response, but I found that a program called intelliremote worked much better than iR for media center. In fact I use it for a lot of stuff now. Basically, you install the software and set it up as a service. It has a bunch of pre-added media controls with it, mce, xbmc, winamp, etc. but once its installed you can issue commands over ip with http strings. So I control everything seamlessly on all of my HSTouch interfaces. You can even use the software to lock all computers around the house that you might be logged in to when you set your alarm, etc... If you like to get extra nerdy.

Comment

Working...
            X