CDO.Message object cannot be created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CDO.Message object cannot be created

I have HS2 running on Hometroller pro series 3 I am trying to configure the Email setup using gmail account. I have also used the stunnel for the SSL but We I am trying to send an email I am getting an error .Sending email using SMTP: Could not create an object of type 'CDO.Message'. Please verify that the current platform configuration supports SMTP mail.
    I am not sure why this is coming. The Hometroller pro series works on embedded XP.

Can any one help me on this.

Regards
    Anuj

Can you post a bit more detail on how you configured the mail setup? e.g. SMTP vs MAPI, mail provider, smpt settings etc.?
    Nicolai L

Comment

Hi,

I am using the SMTP connection and not the MAPI one in the email setup screen.
      I am aware that the GMAIL is using the SSL and HS2 does not support SSL so I am using the stunnel application to make it work as per the earlier post by jon00.

Regards
      Anuj

Comment

That set of API are probably not implemented on embedded machines.
        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Krumpy is correct. The Cdosys.dll is not part of the Home Trollers image?
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

It surprised me that the hometroller pro 3 doesn't support email and I couldn't find anything in the documentation either.

Anyway, I have managed to get it working. I obtained a copy of the 'cdosys.dll' file from another XP sp3 machine (its in the %systemroot%\system32 folder). I copied it to the same location on the hometroller and then ran:
            regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\cdosys.dll
            from a command prompt.

This has worked for me but all the usual disclaimers apply if you want to try it.

HTH
            Antony

Comment

Working...
            X