Alarm Monitoring? Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm Monitoring? Any suggestions?

Looking into setting up an alarm system (have nothing atm). The only company I can find any info on is ADT. Figured I'd ask here and see if anyone has suggestions of where to look for other companies / systems.

Hi,

i saw this while browsing:

http://www.alarmsystemstore.com/Alar...rvice-s/64.htm

they claim 8usd a month for monitoring but i have not used it and have no idea if it is any good or not.

Please post back with your findings.

Raptor
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by jweimann View Post
      Looking into setting up an alarm system (have nothing atm). The only company I can find any info on is ADT. Figured I'd ask here and see if anyone has suggestions of where to look for other companies / systems.
      other alarm companies are brinks and protection one. adt and brinks will install alarm systems plus provide monitoring. protection one provides monitoring, but i'm not sure about installs.

if you already have a system alarmrelay monitors for about $8 usd a month.
      www.alarmrelay.com

Comment

If you install an elk or dsc system to use with a homeseer setup, can you get adt to monitor the alarms?

Comment

Probably not as they want to see you their hardware.

I am using AlarmRelay.com ... Been happy with them. ELK works fine.
          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by iporty View Post
            If you install an elk or dsc system to use with a homeseer setup, can you get adt to monitor the alarms?
            no... well maybe.. but they will lock you out of your own alarm and charge you five bazillion dollars a month!!!!!!!!!!

i had adt.. worst company IMO...
            paid $58 a month or so...

you can setup your own alarm and use nextalarm.com?
            not sure if it is them or not but there are monitoring companies out there for $90-$100 a year... they can do this because they have no local facilities near you... no trucks.. no extra costs... so they can be cheap as they rely on you for your hardware.... they are just the service...
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
            X