Have they fixed the USB UPB Pim Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have they fixed the USB UPB Pim Yet?

When I originally set up my system, it wouldn't work with a USB PIM, I had to get a Serial PIM (Which I used a USB>>Serial adapter on, go figure)

Have they fixed the interface to work with either yet?

As I understand it, the plug-in will work with the PCS USB PIM but not the SA model. What's different in the communication between those two I have no idea.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
      As I understand it, the plug-in will work with the PCS USB PIM but not the SA model. What's different in the communication between those two I have no idea.
      a guess: The PCS module is probably just a virtural COM device at heart (ie a serial device with a built in USB>serial converter). If that's true, the plug-in would just work as designed. a *native* USB device would would additional coding to work.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I called SA related to a similiar issue with the SA USB PIM.

They told me that the drivers for said device had not been updated relating to USB HID standards; personally I didn't know what the CS meant by the statement.

He almost in a round about way said it was up to the customer to write the HID driver; which to me was kind of an odd statment from SA CS.

On the HS box it was odd in that it loaded the driver and "saw" the driver but HS didn't always communicate with the driver. Upstart though did work with the USB driver.

I kept my USB PIM and today use it as a floater around the home with the laptop to see various power graphs and utilize the serial SA PIM for Homeseer.

On a totally different topic I just purchased a 9097 USB device which is similiar to what Mark mentioned. Its labeled USB9097 but loads a virtual com port to emulate the legacy 1-wire serial connection.

I do have less issues though with comm emulation versus HID USB devices. Some sticky issues relating to ghost drivers when switching stuff around, power exceeding USB specifications, etc.

For HS devices I use a powered USB hub plus if the USB device has a secondary power source I use that too. If the sum of the power draw shuts down the port then all of the devices hanging off it get switched off.
        Last edited by Pete; April 13, 2011, 12:34 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Here's what the plugin author has to say about the USB devices.
          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=16
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am using the PCS USB interface in my setup, and I have not had any problems with it.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Wow Rupp; almost 37000 posts!
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Well,
                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

it
                  Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

is

Comment

easy

Comment

with

Comment

one

Comment

word

Comment

posts!

Comment

Working...
                              X