Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper Light Switch for no Load

Hi All

I have two receptacles on a single lighting circuit. I want to have independent control of each one's dim level (using z-wave). Currently using Leviton lamp modules for this and they work great. I want to use a powered (not battery) Cooper switch to turn the lights (power to them) on or off, but still control dimming via the lamp modules. I'm pretty sure I can do this with association. I tried with a cooper dimmer and it didn't work, but fried the switch ('cos of a wiring error) before I had chance to really delve into it. So now I need to buy something new and make sure I get the right product.

One thing I'm not clear on is association always bi-directional? Assuming I could get it to work with a dimmer, could I use the switches dim level control the lamp modules, but changing a lamp's local dim value not affect the master (and thus the other lamp)

Anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

Regards

Mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
    HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
    2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
    USB UIRT
    Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
    WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
    HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
    HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
    2GIG Thermostat
    BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
    BLUPS
    UltraLog (SQL2008)
    Jon00 Plugins
    Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
    Global Cache IP2IR
    Foscam FI8918W

It is not a cooper device but you might want to look at the VRCZ4-MRZ which is a 4-button zone controller with local control which would give you the ability to control the load and each dimming module

Comment

Working...
    X