No announcement yet.

Broadcast HS messages to TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to say this but it's been my experience with Verizon that they broadcast very few things in the clear that a tuner card will pick up. Comcast still does but it's becoming less and less. The last I had comcast they were only broadcasting the basic channels, meaning their channels 2-13 plus a couple of local access channels that never seemed to have anything on them, Verizon has even less.

Basically from what I observe you can't get anything in the clear that is beyond a companies very basic service. What that ends up being is the same channels you can get over the air, if you're not too remote.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

If you have a Dish Network or a DirecTv and a W2C you could hook them together and use the W2C CID broadcast to get things onto the screen.

~Bill

Comment

I learned a lot from you guys, thanks all for your help.

Aldo

Comment

No problem. Too bad your Verizon box doesn't support CID. I think the newer comcast boxes do these days.

Comment

verizon boxes do support CID, but only if you have their phone service as well.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
            X