HTTPS/SSL for Remote ONLY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTTPS/SSL for Remote ONLY?

Is there a way to run BOTH HTTPS and HTTP?

That is, if I connect to my server using a local IP, I would like HTTP to show. Otherwise, I would like HTTPS to be used. Is this possible? I'm mostly curious from a playing around with it standpoint.

I want to try to use HTTPS with my mobile, so I can add in a remote unlock section to my served mobile-pages.
    Essentially, if you want to remote unlock the locks in the house, a quick password for entry to the webpage, above the existing Homeseer login, and running this over SSL (? is that correct that HTTPS is SSL?) to try to give better security.

PLUS, it will let me connect to my home server from work if I can setup HTTPS...but as I said, I would prefer to NOT change ANYTHING on my "local" setup (if possible).

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Got an e-mail from a user, looks like I can do BOTH at the same time.

That's pretty awesome! I don't know HOW many times I've fought with getting putty running, just to "surf" to a webpage on my server. It wasn't THAT big if a deal to putty in, but man, to have 2 methods to gain access is AWESOME!

So, local can stay on my "moved" port. Now I just need to get an updated certificate.

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
    X