HAI Hi-Fi 2 & OmniPro II with HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Hi-Fi 2 & OmniPro II with HomeSeer

I am looking for some information/guidance/advice on the fairly new Hi-Fi2 product by HAI and the OmniPro II controller.

I have read a good deal on both products and they appear to be a good fit for my home - however, I want to continue to use HomeSeer as my primary controller.

1) is there a plug-in available for the Hi-Fi2 to be controlled directly by HomeSeer or must I interface thru the OmniPro II.

2) does anyone have some "pointers" with regard to using the OmniPro II as a security system and interfacing with HomeSeer?

Any and all advice/direction is welcome!

I use a Russound CAS44 with my OmniProII. I've tested the Russound CAS44 also with the HS plugin. I am currently happy with the limited / functional control that I have with the OmniPro II over the Russound. Other than TTS I don't do multimedia with Homeseer. Folks using the Homeseer Russound plugin are happy with it. The OmniPro II plugin for Homeseer does not see the audio pieces (Hi-Fi2).

I utilize the HAI Homeseer plugin for the OmniPro II; doing all the security with the OPII and just utiliize the plugin to poll status and utilize the hardwired IR sensors. The "legacy" serial Homeseer plugin is about 10 years old and is somewhat handicapped in function but does enough for me today. (better than no interface at all).
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.17.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
    X