Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Maestro still supported?

Rich/Rupp,

I posted a question in the Maestro section last night and just for grins looked at the support profile. They haven't been on the site since January and haven't posted since September of last year. Are these plugins still supported?
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Rich/Rupp

Bump
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Since I no longer use Maestro I lost track of it but you're right I haven't seen dave on here in quite a while. Perhaps you can still get him on the Harmony site.

www.harmony-home.com
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
        Since I no longer use Maestro I lost track of it but you're right I haven't seen dave on here in quite a while. Perhaps you can still get him on the Harmony site.

www.harmony-home.com
        Thanks man. What are you using now?

Coatesville! I used to date a girl that lived there!

Comment

I've moved to HSTouch, Maestro was nice but not flexible enough for me to stay with. HSTouch is much better for everything but music. Since HomeSeer/HSTouch so far don't do music all that well, right now I'm in-between touchscreen interfaces for HomeSeer.

Poor old Coatesville isn't what it once was I'm afraid. It's one of those dying towns that has refused to fall over. I'm serviced by the Coatesville post office but don't really live in Coatesville. I should probably change that location.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
            I've moved to HSTouch, Maestro was nice but not flexible enough for me to stay with. HSTouch is much better for everything but music. Since HomeSeer/HSTouch so far don't do music all that well, right now I'm in-between touchscreen interfaces for HomeSeer.

Poor old Coatesville isn't what it once was I'm afraid. It's one of those dying towns that has refused to fall over. I'm serviced by the Coatesville post office but don't really live in Coatesville. I should probably change that location.
            Two things are keeping me from moving to touch, music (the thing I use the most) and time. I really don't have the time to create all the screens to the point that it looks as nice as Maestro. Do you know if a better music interface is coming? I'd even pay someone to build the screens...
            Last edited by thymer; May 2, 2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I used to use Maestro and have gone to utilizing HSTouch.

Funny you mention music; it was the lack of support for the newest autonomous Maestro Music module (years ago) (as I do not do music with Homeseer) that made me move; testing it for a bit and seeing all kinds of problems; no support or corrections to the problems....
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Pete; May 2, 2011, 10:20 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by thymer View Post
                Two things are keeping me from moving to touch, music (the thing I use the most) and time. I really don't have the time to create all the screens to the point that it looks as nice as Maestro. Do you know if a better music interface is coming? I'd even pay someone to build the screens...
                Music is what I use most as well. The problem with HomeSeer and music on HSTouch is the player. I'm a big fan of a simple jukebox player that works pretty much as a jukebox. Pick something, it plays, if no-one picks anything it plays random tracks. There just is nothing for that right now. I even offered Blade some development cash as an incentive to come up with something that did what I wanted and was HSTouch compatible, but alas he's busy with other things.

I have a feeling that getting a serious music interface for HomeSeer/HSTouch is a long ways away. HomeSeer can't keep the plug-ins they have now, going as well as they should, let alone come out with something new.

For now and until either HomeSeer comes out with something or I find another program that does I bide my time, wait and keep looking. I know that there are more than a few HomeSeer users that have moved on because of a lack of simple multi-zone music player controllable from within HSTouch and that's a real shame.

As far as HSTouch is concerned, for other things it does very well and to be honest screens are pretty easy to build, even easier if you start with one of the templates that are provided. Each system though is so different that it's almost impossible to come with screens that can be transfered to other systems. It takes so much work to tailor it to your own devices, events, and requirements that it's almost as easy to do your own. I think that was my problem with Maestro, lack of real tailoring to individual systems, well that and the music interface was no better than HomeSeers.

I've often thought of going to Main Lobby but two things prevent me. It looks like it takes more scripting ability than I have to get it going well with HomeSeer and there is a general lack of info on HOW the Music Lobby module really operates. I have no desire to go with something that has me making, editing and maintaining playlists just to hear music.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Hello All,

Im alive... I'm alive!!
                  Sorry for missing the support post in the forum. I have now responded to that thread.
                  Yes, things have been quiet on the Maestro front. Unfortunately, with a slow in the economy and new home construction, our company has not had the opportunity to grow and thrive as I certainly would have hoped.

We have numerous modules in various stages of completion. Both which add features to the existing suite of applications & some that add all new capabilities like Media Center remote and mouse.

The downside is that we do not have the man power to put the finishing touches on and provide for the following bug fixes for a new product at this time.

So whats the current status? We are still selling and supporting the existing Maestro Modules. We are always interested in new feature requests. I cant say when we will release a new update... but I can tell you Maestro is not dead. Heck, my family and I use it every single day in our home.

Comment

Originally posted by thymer View Post
                    Bump
                    Sorry missed this post as well as many others. Haven't had power for the last 7 days and cell phone coverage was spotty at best. The power came back on last night so hopefully things will get back to normal soon. The good news is Dave is back.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                    X