Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh install error

http://192.168.1.103/start/start.aspx:

Error Processing ASP.NET page: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have seen posts about this with Vista, but this is happening on Win 7 Home Premium and on XP.

Point me in the right direction ?

- many thanks!

What version of HomeSeer did you install? This is typically caused by a "bad" installation of HomeSeer or a corrupt 2.0 .net framework. Was this a fresh install of W7?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I installed HS2 2.5.0.20 from the download page.

Win 7 installed end of March 2011. I regularly run Windows update; how do I tell what .net framewrok version I am running ?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

Originally posted by jkw View Post
        I installed HS2 2.5.0.20 from the download page.

Win 7 installed end of March 2011. I regularly run Windows update; how do I tell what .net framewrok version I am running ?

Thanks for the quick reply!
        First of all ensure you are running HomeSeer as an administrator. If this doesn't fix it, Windows 7 comes with 2.0 preinstalled so it's all but impossible to fix. Try using the add/remove or programs and features and remove HomeSeer. Then delete all the left over directory structure. Then reinstall and see if this solves this issue.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X