Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cell phone

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a means to make a call from HomeSeer thanks to a cellphone.
    I have a cellphone that I don't use, and now you can subscribe for 1$ per month.
    So I could let an additional cellphone 7/24 linked to a PC (USB or bluetooth).

But I don't know if there is a way to make a call from HomeSeer (or even from an external command). I know it can receive call, but can it call?

is it possible?

it would be a cheap way to notify about an alarm.

Thanks
    rod

HS can send an email in the form of a text message to most phones. The form of the address depends on the carrier. For an ATT phone it's <7digit number>@txt.att.net.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I am looking for something that work without internet.
      Assuming there is just a PC (without internet connection), and the cellphone.

thx

Comment

what do you want to do with the phone call? Do you want your PC to become the phone (by a microphone and speakers connected to it) or do you want your PC to become a modem so you can browse the internet via your phone?

Comment

Working...
        X