Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM751 and KR15A - Need some help

Hey Guys,

Hope you can help me with a situation that I am having with my X10.

I am using the TM751 on HouseCode A(considering buying the W800 and Plugin but budgets budgets budgets...) and I have configured the KR15A ("Big Red Buttons") on a spare unit number using House Code A.

This is what I am getting in the HS Log (in this case KR15A is programmed to A9):

5/7/2011 9:40:33 AM - X10 Received - A9 (?) A On
    5/7/2011 9:40:33 AM - X10 Received - A Bright 6
    5/7/2011 9:40:33 AM - X10 Received - M Dim 100

Then, this is all it sees from RF X10 devices. No palm remotes or Hawkeyes work. I have to go pull the TM751 from the wall and reinsert it. Then it all works fine again until one of the KR15A's is activated again.

Thanks for the help!
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Ain't the KR15A a security device which would need a security receiver, the TM751 does not look like a security receiver - perhaps when you give it the command its getting confused to the point it needs a reset...

Comment

Not this device. It is a unit code house code thing and it in the manual, it says you can use it with the Tm751 to turn lights one and off.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

This should work but it sounds like the TM751 is locking up.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, Sir. That is exactly what is going on. Is it going bad or something else, you think?

Comment

It's either going bad or you have a lot of X10 noise on the powerlines preventing it from working. Did you try another house code to see if it helps?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
              Not this device. It is a unit code house code thing and it in the manual, it says you can use it with the Tm751 to turn lights one and off.
              Only when you "quick press". Extended button down time causes KR13A to send security code to trigger the Panic Alarm mode in the X10 security consoles. That shouldn't lock up the TM751, but is likely what you are seeing on HS log. See if X10 will exchange the TM751. Save pennys for the W800.

Comment

Thanks guys...

I have installed a new TM751 and it is the same issue.

Yeah, it sounds like the W800 is the way to go. My only challenge is that in this installation the hardware is all in the clost in the far corner of the house. I was wondering if I can instlal the w800 in the closet and then use one of the spare RG6 in the wiring closet to run the antenae out to the middle of the room. THere is a loft upstairs that has a wall mounted spare RG6.

Do you know if I can remote mount the antenae like that?

Comment

Working...
                X