newbie cant make stuff work - help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie cant make stuff work - help?

downloaded pro ver 2.5.020 to try with my x10 stuff I have used for 20 years with ahp.... I like the HS interface and network potential functionality but it does not seem to play well with X10 stuff... can I get some ideas to see if I can make it work?

CM15 interface works - it sends and sees all non security and non video stuff.

VA12 does not work at all. no video. installed webcam plug in - seems the way to get va12 video? looks like it only does stills too? it is enabled in setup./interface screen but gives this error in HP activity window:
    5/8/2011 9:20:26 AM - WebCam - Error in GetImages, could not find camera directory for C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO 2-5\html\WebCam\X10 Video Capture, VA12A/VA11A+
    how to to fix?

I have an IP hi res camera so installed and enabled netcam plug in....cant get video to show. and this does not work with x10 cameras on va12? this might be my problem not finding correct url....

installed weatherxml plugin and it does not work either; if I click get weather it reads the html file!

and there is no support for my x10 security stuff like ds10s and remotes like kr10s?

any hope for me?

The webcam plugin is not to be relied upon and has its own problems, i've got the VA11A and when I was using it with WebCamXP instead and then bringing the image into HS via a webpage. Not sure about NetCam whether it does do video or not.

Security stuff needs some additional hardware like the W800, RFXCOM or the like...

Comment

tnx for the reply!

so there is really no interface to HS for X10 video?

so there is no 32bit x10 security device interface for HS? I played with BLsecurity using my V572RF32 that converts DS10's and security motion sensors to regular 16bit X10 commands (ie., DS10 door sw becomes D10 etc). so that is all we can do?

Comment

Not natively as I know it, the only way to get video in is to use either a plugin or a third party app - the webcam plugin has issues, theres also a plugin for WebCamXP but that still requires that software to be running. For all the security devices I thought you needed additional hardware...someone else can answer that though, I wanted to do it but decided I may aswell for the cost of receivers and importing DS10's just run wire everywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by kay_k View Post
          so there is no 32bit x10 security device interface for HS? I played with BLsecurity using my V572RF32 that converts DS10's and security motion sensors to regular 16bit X10 commands (ie., DS10 door sw becomes D10 etc). so that is all we can do?
          In order to receive the X10 security RF signals you need a receiver that is set up for them. Most of us use the WGL 800 RF receiver and the ACRF2 plug-in. In my opinion, that combination of hardware and software is the single most important addition I made to HomeSeer.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

interestingly last reboot of HS fouind va12 but it would not show any video in the plug in on ie... BUT I just clicked on webcam header in HS text window and preview on of the TV cameras it makes the va12 and up popped a window with my video! just watched a cat walk past! interesting...... can anyone tell me why this behavior? (or is HS just not X10 vieo friendly?)

Comment

tnx for the 800/acrf things info.... I already use Warren's V572 to convert security sigs to std x10 powerline sigs..... looks like the 800/acrf does the same thing except allows use of multiple 800 rcvrs to add error checking? does it do anything more than my v572 to powerline in combo with my cm15 for HS to see it? I hate to loose the 100% reliability of my x10 P7000 separate system that works so well but would love to add HS possibilities....

Comment

Originally posted by kay_k View Post
                I already use Warren's V572 to convert security sigs to std x10 powerline sigs..... looks like the 800/acrf does the same thing except allows use of multiple 800 rcvrs to add error checking? does it do anything more than my v572 to powerline in combo with my cm15 for HS to see it?
                The plug-in provides error checking with just one receiver. The main purpose of multiple receivers is to allow coverage of a larger area, that may be out of reach of a single receiver. The biggest advantages of the W800/ACRF2 combination are 1) You do not have to place the signal on the power line, and 2) The plug-in adds substantial flexibility that can make the RF modules even more valuable.

Number 1 may seem minor, but once you've experienced the difference, you will be amazed. First, it is FAST! There is no delay while the RF signal is converted to X10 PLC, retransmitted, then decoded again. Second, by removing all the X10 power line traffic associated with RF devices, the rest of your X10 devices will work better too with fewer collisions and dropped messages.
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

excellent. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X