UPB Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPB Interface

Does HomeSeer support UPB? If so what piece of hardware do I need?

Thank you

Yes it does, I use it extensively in my home. Any serial PIM will work. You'll also need to install Upstart. Let us know what specifically you'd like to control, and I/we can advise you on specific hardware if you need it.

Welcome to the land of UPB, where everything is completely awesome!

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

HomeSeer supports UPB with a $40 plug-in from HomeSeer, and you need a UPB PIM such as the Simply Automated one.

It works well, but you can't have the same PIM online for both UPBStart and HomeSeer at the same time, and the HomeSeer plug-in requires you export the UPBStart configuration to HomeSeer for it to work. These aren't problems; I just exit HomeSeer to reconfigure the network and then Export (think of it as File - Save in anything else) and exit UPBStart and restart HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoCat View Post
        HomeSeer supports UPB with a $40 plug-in from HomeSeer, and you need a UPB PIM such as the Simply Automated one.

It works well, but you can't have the same PIM online for both UPBStart and HomeSeer at the same time, and the HomeSeer plug-in requires you export the UPBStart configuration to HomeSeer for it to work. These aren't problems; I just exit HomeSeer to reconfigure the network and then Export (think of it as File - Save in anything else) and exit UPBStart and restart HomeSeer.
        The plugin would be "free" w/HS Pro, which is a nice thing. Plus, the plugin can be paused from the config screen, allowing you to then open Upstart, do whatever needs to be done (I set upstart to auto save & export, cuz i'm lazy!), then unpause once it's done, saving the hassle of closing HS every time.

Ia
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Most of the things Techno mentions, in UPSTART's Options, you can have automatic when you exit the application.

So for me, I just go to the UPB plugin's website, click "Pause plugin for Upstart", run upstart, it automatically opens my last network. I do what I need. Then click exit. It automatically saves and exports my information for Homeseer. Then I go back to the webpage, click continue. It reloads the Upstart Export. I have Homeseer set to check the status of devices upon load. So, UPB actions are held off for an additional 2-3 minutes while the network is checked. Not a big deal and I probbaly don't need to do that...but I do.

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Thank you for the replies, The reason im going to try UPB is i have an opportunity to get about 20 PulseWorks switches for a great deal. So since i just moved into a new home and left my Crappy X10 homepro behind. so im starting fresh and though i would try UPB insted of X10, I have a few Z-Wave devices however they are expensive. Ill get a SimplyAutomated UPD interface on the way.

Thank you

Comment

Just for the record, PCS offers interface modules too, and both the USB and RS232 versions will work with HS. The SA PIM has to be the RS232 version to work with HS.
              Last edited by Uncle Michael; May 10, 2011, 08:24 AM. Reason: fixed typo
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I use two serial UPB PIMs (SA & HAI) and one floater USB UPB (SA) PIM for the laptop.

Homeseer works well with the serial SA UPB PIM.

Sounds good on the PCS stuff. Typically those are priced higher than the SA/HAI stuff.

I just recently installed the 1000 Watt PCS dimmer module and paired it with two SA switches for a virtual 3-way setup.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
                HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
                HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Im starting to like whit i see, There appears to be alot of cool UPD devices available. Are all UPD devices 2 way?

Guess I should start another thread

Thank you

Comment

UPB should give you no troubles, it's been flawless here since i started using it. It doesn't have as many types of devices as the old X10 or even the newer Zwave but I've not found that to be a problem as I think of UPB as a lighting technology not something I use for motion detectors etc.

Yes UPB is 2 way so you'll know the status of any given UPB device.

Originally posted by in4ni View Post
                    Im starting to like whit i see, There appears to be alot of cool UPD devices available. Are all UPD devices 2 way?

Guess I should start another thread

Thank you
                    Marty
                    ------
                    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X