Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power lost - the best way to restart HS

Hi,
    I have an ups connected to HS and we do not lose too many times the electricity but what is the best way to restart HS. In the past I used HS service but I had several issues with the plugins using this method and few people suggested not to use it.

Thanks,
    Aldo

I don't do anything with the UPS's connected. I have the Homeseer server just coming back if it loses power; but most of the time the power loss is only a few minutes and the UPS keeps it running just fine. Any wired HA stuff away from the server rack though gets hit with the power failure and it generates a few log entries and it starts up again once the power is restored. The HS DB has remained intact; with just a log entry stating it was shut down unexpectedly. Most recently I have installed an automotive power supply in the new Homeseer server. The PS has a wide range and it has a separate circuit for charging the 12V battery and will run off a 12V battery.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I may have posted this recently, if not i've got a sense of deja vu but to restart HS all I do is chuck a shortcut in the windows startup directory. I only have one additional program I launch (Cumulus Weather, hopefully i'll finish a plugin for the weather station soon so I don't need any other programs apart from HS) and that can be launched after HS if needed or I just live without it. If you need windows to load completely (or additional programs to run first) then launch HS then i'm not sure if AutoIt or something may be able to help to launch HS with a delay (or a batch file??). But thats all I do and it works.

Comment

Perhaps I'm missing something really basic. When the computer starts from a power failure, it goes to a login screen. I assumed that the windows startup directory runs all the applications in that "folder" only after you login, what am i missing?

Thanks,
        Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
          Perhaps I'm missing something really basic. When the computer starts from a power failure, it goes to a login screen. I assumed that the windows startup directory runs all the applications in that "folder" only after you login, what am i missing?

Thanks,
          Aldo
          ah right, first thing I do when I install windows is disable that screen, what version of windows you on? If your on XP download tweakui.exe and somewhere there is an option to auto logon as a specified user, thats what I do and it boots straight into the desktop.

Comment

I too disable the login screen with W2003 and put HSPro in the start up for all users.

If you do run cmd
            rundll32 netplwiz.dll,UsersRunDll
            highlight the user name you want auto logging in; uncheck the box at the top; it'll automatically go to that user when you reboot.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'm running XP. Thank you both for your tips and answers.

Thanks,
              Aldo

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...10&postcount=9
                Jon

Comment

Working...
                X