No X10 Receiving or Transmitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No X10 Receiving or Transmitting

I have the latest version of Homeseer with the TI 103 X10 interface connected to the computer via an Edgepoprt 8 Serial to USB adapter. The system doesn't seem to be sending or receiving X10 signals. The Homesewer log does not indicate reception of X10 signals from external controllers. When I send from the computer, it is logged but doesn't seem to go beyond that.

Is there a way to test where the problem lies? The way I see it the problem is either (i) the TI 103 interface, (ii) the Edgeport 8 or (iii) the software (Homeseer, drivers etc).

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Can you try the ti103 connected directly to the pc without the edgeport?

Comment

Was "Homesewer" a typo or a parapraxis? (couldn't have been intentional could it?)

I'd almost certainly suspect the configuration of the Edgeport, or perhaps a mis-selection of ports. The best method to verify the TI103 would of course be to plug it into an old fashioned serial port. Failing that, try a simpler USB/Serial adaptor or try communication to another device on the port the TI103 is currently on.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

How long since the problem started? Did anything obvious change about the same time?

One easy thing to check is to confirm that the port number is correct in Device Manager. You could also try PortMon. It's a free utility that will monitor your serial port. If the messages are going out, then it would point the finger at the TI103.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I have experienced a similar problem. I am using the TI103 and after about a week HS2 will not receive any AC X10 signals but will receive RF X10 signals. I can send X10 signals without a problem via the TI103. As soon as I restart HS2 everything is ok for about a week. I am using the current version of HS2.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
            I have experienced a similar problem. I am using the TI103 and after about a week HS2 will not receive any AC X10 signals but will receive RF X10 signals. I can send X10 signals without a problem via the TI103. As soon as I restart HS2 everything is ok for about a week. I am using the current version of HS2.
            When you say you cannot receive X10 signals over the power line, what are the symptoms? Do you get an entry in the log or nothing at all? What have you done to test?

How do you receive X10 RF? W800/ACRF2?
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I set up a Goodnite mode when I go to bed at night. When I hit N4 off from a X10 maxi controller it dims the outside lights and shuts off all of the other lights in the house. When I hit this command after HS2 has been running for about a week, nothing happens. If I look at the log there isn't any indication of this command. I have tried this from multiple locations in the house using different maxi controllers and nothing shows up in the log file. If I use the X10 RF (W800) (N4 off), the Goodnite mode will work fine. If I look at the log it shows X10 RF received and the outside lights are logged as dimming (which they are).

Thanks,

Ronnie

Comment

That is really strange. It might be a problem with your serial link, but I've never experienced a one-way loss like this. How is you TI103 connected? Do you use a USB to serial adapter? If so, you could try replacing it.

If you check the serial port properties does it indicate any problems? I've never had much luck with the Troubleshooting button provided, but it's easy to check to see what information that might provide. You could also move to a different port on you computer, or change the com port assignment to see if those have any effect.

Of course, it could be that the TI103 is the cause.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks,

I will take a look at that when the X10 stops receiving.

Thanks again,

Ronnie

Comment

Edgeport Serial to USB adapter

I think the problem in my case is related to the configuration of the Edgeport. Within the Edgeport files on my computer there is a "Confidence Test" for the Edgeport. When I do the test, 3 of the 8 ports are listed as Failed and 5 are Passed. The TI103 is on one of the Failed ports. It seems that the ports that have something connected to them fail the test.

Any ideas on what might be happening here?

Thanks for any and all comments.

Comment

Working...
                    X