AHP Homeseer incompatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AHP Homeseer incompatibility

I just started trying X10 and Homeseer out.

I have AHP and CM15A controlling a bunch of LM465 soft start lamp modules. I created a few macros that are stored in the CM15A's memory. I am having some problems:

Scenario 1:

A command is sent from CM15A as a result of a stored macro, Homeseer does not recognize it. So it thinks a light is off when it's actually on.

Scenario 2:

I turn lights on or off through AHP's interface, again, the commands aren't recognized by Homeseer.

Scenario 3:

I use an rf remote to turn lights on or off (through either CM15A or RR501 transceiver), then Homeseer recgonizes it.

Scenario 4:

Homeseer also recognizes commands sent from a third party software that uses the AHP SDK.

It is only when the CM15A sends a command through AHP that Homeseer does not recognizes.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Are you running AH and HS at the same time on the same server?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes I am

The same windows server has the CM15A hooked up through usb and is running the following software: AHP, AHP SDK, HS, X10 Commander (has http api and uses ahp sdk) and Eventghost (receives events from XBMC Media Center and sends commands through X10 commander's http api)

What works (in terms of updated status in both AHP and HS):

Homeseer control
      RF remote control
      X10 Commander http control

What doesn't work (AHP updates but not HS):

CM15A stored macro commands
      Control through AHP's main window

Comment

I did some more digging into it.

To my surprise, when I turn a lamp "OFF" through AHP, it is recognized by HomeSeer, but if I turn it "ON", it isn't.

I guess it has to do with how the (extended?!?) commands are sent to the newer softstart LM465 lamp modules. They might be receiving a different code from AHP that Homeseer doesn't recognize.
        Last edited by ; May 17, 2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

If you are running AHP on the CM15A, what are you using for the Homeseer powerline interface? You can't use the CM15A for both.
          Last edited by Dave W; May 23, 2011, 02:55 PM.

Comment

HomeSeer and Active Home will not run well on the same PC. Dump the AH and configure HS only and it should work just fine. HomeSeer will not allow you to load macros to the interface as it was designed around an always on server. If you do not want to run your server continuously then use AH.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
              If you are running AHP on the CM15A, what are you using for the Homeseer powerline interface? You can't use the CM15A for both.

I am using the CM15A for both. Homeseer uses the AHP SDK (through the CM15A plugin) to interface with the CM15A.

AHP and AHP SDK can be run at the same time with no problems. I also have other software that use the AHP SDK as well (such as X10 Commander).

Comment

Originally posted by aptalca View Post
                I am using the CM15A for both. Homeseer uses the AHP SDK (through the CM15A plugin) to interface with the CM15A.

AHP and AHP SDK can be run at the same time with no problems.
                Did not know that. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X