Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM15Pro X10

Hi

Can someone tell me if homeseer supports the CM15Pro? it doesn't seem to be mentioned on the hardware compatibility list

Thanks

Yes, it does:

Plug-in for the X-10 CM15A USB interface from X10 Inc.
    The CM15A provides a USB connection to the PC and is a fully two-way X-10 interface for HomeSeer.
    Downloading of scheduled X-10 events is NOT supported by the plug-in or HomeSeer.
    This plug-in is only compatible with HomeSeer 2.1 or greater.
    This plugin only supports the following X10 commands:
    • On
    • Off
    • Dim
    • Extended codes
    • Preset Dim commands are NOT supported
    This plugin uses the ActiveHome SDK ActiveX Control for all communications. If you have problems getting this plugin installed and working, download and install the free ActiveHome CM15A SDK from X10.com, this may fix any issue you are seeing. Make sure you install the CM15A USB drivers before installing this plugin.

Comment

Thanks, had seen that but wasn't sure if CM15A applied to CM15Pro as well

Would this be a good choice or is there a better option than the CM15Pro? preferably USB

Comment

The best X10 interface and plugin is the TI-103 available here:
        http://store.homeseer.com/store/X10-C45.aspx
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

sorry meant to say I am UK so that one wouldn't be suitable for me and is not USB anyway

Comment

There should be a European version of that as well but yea there aren't any good X10 USB interfaces left unfortunately.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              There should be a European version of that as well but yea there aren't any good X10 USB interfaces left unfortunately.
              okay thanks, why is that do you think? is it because X10 not the route to go now? perhaps z-wave instead? just want to make the right decision before spending too much money!!!

Comment

The plugin works with the CM15Pro.

The European equivalent for the TI103 is the Marmitek (Xanura) CTX35 or PMIX35, but (far) more expensive than the TI103 or CM15Pro. It is a better controller no doubt, but not necessarily in your specific situation. I have tried a PMIX35 to replace my CM15Pro. Funny thing was that, although plugged in the same socket my CM15Pro was, it could not reach all modules that the CM15Pro could, so I stuck with the CM15Pro.

If you are starting from scratch, or are on the verge of spending a lot of money on new modules, I would indeed also look into other protocols, such as Z-Wave. Although not without its own quirks, you do not have to worry about coffee machines, laptop adapters etc. generating noise on your powerline.

Comment

Originally posted by johnz View Post
                  you do not have to worry about coffee machines, laptop adapters etc. generating noise on your powerline.
                  I've had a lot of trouble with a couple of laptop adapters and one television before I added noise reduction to them. After adding noise reduction modules at these machines the problem was over.

Comment

Hi Rupp, I have been using a CM11 which works for about 3 -5 days then stops, so i tried a new CM15 (it worked overnight that was it) - do you have any suggestions or is there an Australian or even a 240v version of the TI-103 ? Am i missing something with these interfaces causing them to just stop working (do they overheat or something) I also have a 3 phase coupler repeater installed ? thanks

Comment

if it stop working, send it back and receive a new one!!

I have been using my CM15 for 3years now.
                      Never failed !

The only trouble is that sometimes I did make some macro from Active Home Pro that did mess up the macros, so it did freeze !
                      But when I deleted the failed macros, it works perfectly every day.

I have some macros that make my house in "Away", "sleep", and "home" mode.
                      3 buttons to active my house :-)

And I have CM13 sensors around my house to turn lights on\off.
                      Never failed for the last 3 years.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thinking of get the CM15 for it usb, I have read the usb does not tie up the port like serial, need to have Homeseer and x10 commander use the same CM15 device.
                        x10 commander is needed for a XBMC script.

my question is will the CM15 work on window 7 I have read somewhere it will NOT

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by S.Morris View Post
                          Hi Guys,

Thinking of get the CM15 for it usb, I have read the usb does not tie up the port like serial, need to have Homeseer and x10 commander use the same CM15 device.
                          x10 commander is needed for a XBMC script.

my question is will the CM15 work on window 7 I have read somewhere it will NOT

Thanks
                          I use win7 HS2 + CM15 + x10 Devices , no problem

Comment

Hi Guys

anyone have the win 7 driver for cm15 pro

Comment

Working...
                            X