Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haman kardon avr-65 died

Ok so my harman kardon avr-65 died...

soooo my receiver was making a loud clunk but worked... you would hear the sound loose bass... then clunk... and it was back well after about a year of this i got mad and punched it... well now it dont work.... powers on..
    so is there anyone that knows of a place that repairs receivers?
    or what would be a good solution to go with?
    i currently have the need for optical and component switching so i can get rid of the pelican game switcher......
    now the deal..
    1 i need a BLACK receiver.. i dont like silver.. no im not going to paint it or electrical tape it...
    2. i have ALWAYS wanted the avr-7000... should i look for a used one?
    3. i know denon has black receivers and they range in price from minimal to the moon.... so guessing they would have what i want... anyone recommend a $800 receiver?
    4. what could i automate into my setup now....
    ok that will do for now..
    Thanks
    JEff
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

I've been pleased with my Pioneer VSX-1120-K. A plug-in exists and there are models costing more with similar features that I believe also work with Ultra's plug-in. It works very well for a wide variety of items and is 3-D ready.
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
      I've been pleased with my Pioneer VSX-1120-K. A plug-in exists and there are models costing more with similar features that I believe also work with Ultra's plug-in. It works very well for a wide variety of items and is 3-D ready.

what does the plugin give you? this is new to me....

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

It gives me the current status of a wide variety of system variables. If I want to show what's currently on the front-panel display, there's a HS device for that. If I want to adjust the volume, change stations (fm and otherwise), there are device values to adjust.

One simple example is for an event I created to solve a minor non-problem. Many TV shows have subdued surround sound and I know that. However, not everyone at home understands and wants the surround to be higher.

So, when the AVR comes on and shows "Dish" on the display (meaning TV), I push the surround up 9 dB and center up 1 dB (to help overcome the surround a little). No more complaints about the surround system not working! And honestly, it does sound better with the AVR's 'direct' surround processing (which is supposed to produce best surround, but YMMV).

Take a look at ultra's plug-in. It really is great at keeping the values updated. The AVR needs an ethernet connection, but doesn't require a fast one as it doesn't stream.

It has a telnet connection, a web connection, and an iPhone app as well. I added a bluetooth adapater and can stream audio from my iPad/iPhone/laptop/etc. It is worth a looksee. It may not have as rich a sound as you may be accustomed, but features are current state of the shelf (meaning they aren't bleeding edge and buggy). Has front-panel iPod/iPhone adapter and HDMI port.

Check into it and see if it's something worth investing a little config time, HSTouch screen build time, and maybe get a slightly higher model that still works with the same Pioneer protocols.
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

well i started searching and was really liking the avr-3600.... hdmi switching which would be nice but i dont have any hdmi devices.. still have crt's all over the house....
          then remembered i always wanted the avr-7000 or 7200 ... found one on ebay for $310 shipped... up right now on ebay...
          then i found a local avr-8000 for sale!!!!!!!!!!! and he said cheaper than that $310!!!!!!!!!!!!! trying to coordinate with him now..
          oh well not going to automate music for now....

Comment

Sounds like you found something you'd previously drooled or fragged over Enjoy!
            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

yup thought i did.. but turns out it is an avr-80...not 8000...so ill be looking for a bit...

as it seems everything is breaking around the same time... need tires for truck...receiver... cell phone and a few other things....

Comment

i may look for one of these... what plugin are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                  i may look for one of these... what plugin are you using?
                  http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1083

UltraPioneerAVR HSPI

The screen shots are nice too: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=144172

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=144171 tells which AVRs it supports. Surely one of the listed ones will hit the target price range and feature set.
                  huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

thanks...
                    yeah im a harman kardon guy.. have been for many moons now.. but will have to check out my options... i just want to look at what is in my budget and dont expect to automate it yet.. but wouldnt mind that feature....

do you know if there are any Harman kardon plugins?
                    ill post it in the general audio section too.....

your receiver i found for $550ish so it is in my budget...

i have always thought of going to a different receiver but everyone said that my HK would produce the best sound.. so not sure if that has changed..and with my ever degrading hearing.. does it really matter

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                      thanks...
                      yeah im a harman kardon guy.. have been for many moons now.. but will have to check out my options... i just want to look at what is in my budget and dont expect to automate it yet.. but wouldnt mind that feature....

do you know if there are any Harman kardon plugins?
                      ill post it in the general audio section too.....

your receiver i found for $550ish so it is in my budget...

i have always thought of going to a different receiver but everyone said that my HK would produce the best sound.. so not sure if that has changed..and with my ever degrading hearing.. does it really matter
                      If you are unsure, you can go visit a local dealer, have a look/listen to one of the Pioneer AVRs. It will give you upgrade options for CRT->HDMI-LED HDTVs, multi-zone controls, 7.1 surround, 3-D, and that's just the middle-of-the-road AVR.

One thing I really loved was the automated configuration and equalization setup. Put a mic at where you'd be sitting. Auto-configure. It finds your speakers, then it will establish the proper equalization and delay timing so the sound arrives at your ear at the proper timing relationships to the original sounds.

I have been pleased all the way around.

Ultrajones saw it on NewEgg.com for a bit less than your quoted price and a few of us here took that deal. Newegg's return policies aren't great, so you need to be sure it's what you want if you choose them.
                      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Ultrajones saw it on NewEgg.com for a bit less than your quoted price and a few of us here took that deal. Newegg's return policies aren't great, so you need to be sure it's what you want if you choose them.
                        ill check it out... yeah i deal alot with newegg.. only problem i have is they have a drop ship in NJ.. so i get charged 7% tax.. so i try and buy small items or if i MUST...

ill let you know what i end up finding...

Comment

Working...
                        X