Error playing a wave file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error playing a wave file

I had ran this same setup on a laptop with win7 for several years and did not get this error. My laptop died. I put it on a small shuttle computer with Win XP and I started to get this error below when playing a wave file which is a start sound to turn on the intercom system before speaking with Is Speaking. I loaded everything fresh and my plugins and dropped my original config file back into the directory when I transfered to the new computer. I have no idea what is wrong. The below error happens once in a while.

5/29/2011 12:00:03 PM Error Launching application: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\Wave\beep3.wav->Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Launch_29-May-2011 12:00:03.34379620_C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\Wave\beep3.wav' Key being added: 'Launch_29-May-2011 12:00:03.34379620_C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\Wave\beep3.wav'5/29/2011 12:00:03 PM Event Waiting 0 minute(s) 2 second(s) 1000 millisecond(s)5/29/2011 12:00:06 PM Event Event Trigger "Trigger Is Speaking 3"

I am running HS2 Pro. I did at one time play the wave file within HS but server would play the sound file. So I play the file in windows instead to start the intercom.

Although i'd expect something like a 'file not found' error the error may be something to do with the path, if you type 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\Wave\beep3.wav' into run does it play rhe file? If not try dropping the (X86) from the path...

Comment

It does play when I enter the path. HS can play it, but about once in 20 plays it will have that error come up in the log.

It was on a 64 bit system and now it is on a 32 bit system so the location was how windows installed it on a 64 bit system. I had several problems just putting HS in just the program folder on the new system so I put it back in the (x86) program folder. Everything else works fine.

I will try moving the file to another location as you suggest and try it.

Update, moving the file did not help.

It seems like the error happens more often when playing the file, the longer HS runs.

After much work I have found if I run my event and play the wave file out side of HS and have it wait it 2 seconds in the same event before turning on Is Speaking, it causes the error in the log. So I play the wave and go to a event that starts with a wait event and then turn on Is Speaking, it works with out errors. Puzzled why I never had the error on the old system?
      Last edited by Larryguy50; May 29, 2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X