Momma's unhappy, I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Momma's unhappy, I need help

I've got a telephony problem, & my wife is very unhappy. Gonna try to explain it here.

When my wife is on the phone (landline) with a friend (cell), occasionally the friend will receive another call. Often, the friend will inadvertently put my wife on hold while answering the second call, rather than just hang-up. My wife hangs up. Now the fun begins, my home phone continues to ring, and ring, and ring. This will continue for hours until the friend finally hangs up. I've talked to a local phone tech and he says the cell phone is trying to maintain the on hold connection.

My wife, meantime, has called the phone company to complain, they say the problem is almost certainly within the home. I've held her off for some time now, but she's going to get a tech to come over. When he sees my hardware, desktop hi-phone, HAI panel etc., I think my (already suspect)hobby is doomed.

My wife has of course commiserated with her friends and none seem to have this problem.

Are any of you familiar with telephone connections or operations? This problem is months old now but relatively new. Some months back I moved HS to a new box and had some trouble with the Hi-phone drivers but I don't recall their proximity. Could this be a cause-effect?

Thanks
    Paul

Are you using a cordless phone in the house? If so disconnect it and see if this continues.

Perform similar processes of elimination with other connected equipment.

Report back...

Comment

If homeseer is sending a disconnect to the line after your wife hangs up the phone, it should clear the line and give you a dial tone when you pick the phone back up. If this happens, then you should be clear. As far as I know, HS doesn't do a ringback after the call is cleared. Have you tried disconnecting your equipment for a few days to see if the problem goes away? If all else fails, disconnect all of your stuff from the phone line while the guy is there. He will find something to blame even if he doesn't find the problem...

Comment

I had a similar issue a while back and swapped out my wife for a new one. The problem immediately went away.
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I've got it.
          I think they took it out but undo the setting in the phone Setup that retransits the CID signal to the phones. I'll try to find a thread explaining it better.

~Bill

Comment

You running an older version (before 2.3.0.126)?
            http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...52&postcount=1

Changes since 2.3.0.122
            Removed generation of caller name and number to be sent to other phones when CID detected (PRO Version only) via Way2Call as it did not work reliably.

===============================================

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ighlight=flash

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ighlight=flash

~Bill

Comment

Working...
            X