CT30 and Celsius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT30 and Celsius

I just yesterday began connecting up my newly purchased system. I seem to have run in to may first question and reading the forums up and down have seen the topic discussed but with no definite answer.

I managed to have the CT30 display the temperature in Celsius however in home seer it only appears in Fahrenheit.
    In the Setup/ General section it is set to Celsius but using the Z-Wave Thermostat plugin and the add on plugin its still not correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you restart HS after making the F to C change?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes sir, I did. Tried with both plugins enabled and disabled...complete home troller Restart. I could provide log files and screen shots if you think that might help?

Comment

What version of HomeSeer are you running?

Comment

Professional Edition 2.5.0.23

Comment

If you are within your 30 days free support then put in a help desk ticket on this issue using the blue support link above.

Comment

Did you ever find an answer for this? Just setup my CT30.

Homeseer -> Set to Celsius
              Thermostat -> Set to Celsius
              Z-Wave Thermostat Temperature -> Displays in Celsius
              Z-Wave Thermostat -> Displays in Fahrenheit
              Z-Wave Setpoint controls, etc -> Displays in Fahrenheit

Paul

Comment

Nope no solution as of yet, I have a pending support ticket but still the same bug

Comment

Celsius

Same problem here

Comment

I have a fix, what edition of HomeSeer are you using?

Comment

I'm using 2.5.0.23.

Comment

I can post an updater for you, but I need to know if you are using HS2, HSPRO, or a HomeTroller.

Originally posted by paul View Post
                        I'm using 2.5.0.23.

Comment

Ah, sorry - 2.5.0.23, HSPRO on my own server. Many thanks!

Comment

Ok, run this updater and it should display all readings in Celsius as long as you have Celsius enabled on the general tab in setup:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/pub/HomeSeerU...RO2_5_0_28.exe

Originally posted by paul View Post
                            Ah, sorry - 2.5.0.23, HSPRO on my own server. Many thanks!

Comment

Hi Rich,

Ok, that *partially* worked. Now all the numbers display in celsius. There's a new bug now, and one possible tweak (?)

The bug: In HS Touch, the Climate control page now correctly shows Celsius, but when I try to change the setpoint it no longer works. I can hit the up/down arrows all I want, but the set point doesn't change. (It worked when it was showing in F). In the Web browser interface, I can change the set point, and it correctly shows in C.

The tweak: The thermostat allows us to change the setpoint in 0.5 degree increments, as 1 degree C is indeed a wider number than 1 degree F. On the Thermostat device it shows the current temp to 1 decimal place, and in the Web browser where you change the setpoint it shows the current temp with 1 decimal place. However, the web page only lets me change the setpoint in full degree increments, even if I specify the half degree. Additionally, in the Climate control page on HS Touch it only displays the temp to zero decimal places, and I suspect I'll only be able to change it in full degree increments there). Any chance of tweaking it to display and allow the changing in half degree increments everywhere?

Many thanks!

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X