Weather Station and The Met Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Station and The Met Office

I don't know how many HS users also have there own weather station integrated into HS, but now you can also feed the data to The Met Office, which is quite fun.

More details here http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

very interesting gogs thanks...only one other station a couple of miles away, I might add some code to my weather station plugin i'm working on to upload the data, looks easy enough to do

Comment

It's Simplez, as the Mearcat would say, depending on your software. I use WeatherDisplay and had to upgrade to the latest version to get the setup for WOW. And if you are stuck they have a web page explaining exactly what format the data should be in.

I also have HS taking readings to control my heating or fans as the case maybe.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

i've been trying to write a plugin to talk to the Fine Offset weather station (that Maplin were selling, sells under a few different names), its not easy and has left me tearing my hair out (USB HID communications = -100 on the fun-o-meter) I did get it kind've working last week but could only make sense of part of the data...as a stop gap i'm getting Cumulus to read the data then bringing it into HS by means of reading the text file it generates.

Hope to get some nice charts eventually (although I know that Cumulus has nice charts, my intention is to not use Cumulus) and I think i'll add the ability to update to the Met office which sounds useful and easy...

Comment

I purchased a Watson Weather Station from Maplin a few years ago. Then purchased WeatherDisplay software which came with the scripts for HS to integrate.

Have a look at my weather site if you wish. www.travelco.org.uk/weather - Thats WeatherDispay software.

Updating to the Met Office is not really useful to you, but it is to them - I hope.
          sigpic

Comment

Nice find, just got my site to update wow.

Comment

Working...
            X