Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling Volume on Client PC's

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a script / way to control Audio on clients running the speaker client.

Basically what i want to do is to link in certian TTS events with the speaker client, and get them to run a script which i guess creates an array which remembers the devices in Vista sound control's volume levels, drops them all down except the speaker client, does its text and then brings them back up after a set period of time.

Essentially like the iphone or a media device does when a call comes in. I use this PC for watching movies and the likes, and it would be great to be able to get TTS that interrupts the sound to play the message.

Thanks for any advice.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Just playing with HSTouch; I created a screen with local computer commands such that I can control the hardware via Homeseer. I did this on the Wintel clients; not sure how it would be done with the Iphone client.

For the wintel touchscreens I use nircmd. There are probably other means / ways to do this; I just starte to play with this application in the last couple of weeks.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html

Can you send local hardware commands via key presses to the Iphone with HSTouch?
    Last edited by Pete; June 18, 2011, 01:06 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

One possible solution: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147334
      Jon

Comment

Jon,

Very nice; will give it a try. Great suggestion!

I noticed on one XP machine nircmd has some issues with memory.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Jon00, I will give it a try, and no doubt it will work as well as your POP3 script (which is fantastic).

On a side note, your skills by way of self-taught programming are nothing short of amazing!

Thanks for all the valuable assistance you have provided me with over the years of doing HA, no doubt the WAF in my household would be much lower without your help.

Now in the wife's words "All you need to do, is find a nice TTS voice that doesn't sound like he secretly wants to kill us"
          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Thanks very much.

If you require assistance in setting it up then please let me know.
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X