Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion in how to connect HS to Internet

Hello guys

I have a concern in how to connect HS to the Internet.

Would you hardwire it, Ethernet ? Or would u connect it wirelessly ?

What are the pros and cons, doing it wireless. Any opinion is appreciated.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Hector,

My preference is wired over wireless; especially for a server; unless you don't have a choice.

- Wired networks are easy to set up and troubleshoot where wireless networks are comparatively difficult to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot.
    - Wired networks make you immobile while wireless ones provide you with convenience of movement.
    - Wired networks prove expensive when covering a large area because of the wiring and cabling while wireless networks do not involve this cost.
    - Wired networks have better transmission speeds than wireless ones.
    - In a wired network, a user does not have to share space with other users and thus gets dedicated speeds while in wireless networks, the same connection may be shared by multiple users.
    http://www.computerrepairservicesblo...rks/11/22/2008
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thks Steve for responding, yea, that's what I thought, wireless will have some speed issues. I have my connection in the living room and my HS box I want to put my closet. Think I may need to rethink my options.
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

My new server is wireless and it works great. If you do not have a wire already in place try wireless and see how it works for you.
        Last edited by Rupp; June 25, 2011, 09:42 AM.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I would say where possible wired. It reduces the chance of a wireless dropout, interference etc affecting your ability to access your machine from another location.
          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
          X