Monitoring a Schlage LiNK deadbolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitoring a Schlage LiNK deadbolt

I installed a Schlage LiNK deadbolt about 2 years ago. At the time I was unable to control it from my Pro 100 because I am using a Z-Troller (and it is 2 hops from the deadbolt).

Has the situation changed? can I now monitor the deadbolt? If not, are there other Z-wave deadbolts that can be monitored via the Z-Troller? (in this application, I don't need to control the lock, just monitor if it is locked or unlocked)

What do you mean by 2 hops? If you update your Z-Troller to the latest firmware it should work as long as you have beaming devices along the way to the lock.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you! I can see I have more to learn. How do you update the Z-Troller? Not through the updater I bet. by "hops" I mean the same thing you do by "along the way". And, by "beaming device, I assume you mean Schlage LiNK appliance modules (or other routing devices). Yes, there are some, but can I force the route to only use them rather than other Z-wave modules? Or does it only need to be the last hop before the deadbolt?

Thanks for your help

Comment

OK, found the download for the updated firmware (1.15 - I am running 1.13), with all the nice warnings.

Comment

Since these threads live on forever, here is the end of the story. When I first installed the lock, the documentation made a big deal about how each z-wave node between the lock and the controller had to be Schlage compatible. If that ever was the case, it is no longer (which was probably why Rupp wondered what I was talking about).

I am now running firmware 1.15 in the Z-Troller and can see the lock status just fine from Homeseer. The final z-wave node before the lock is a Schlage appliance module, but it is the only other one in the network.

Comment

The Z-Troller will try to talk to the Schlage Lock directly if at all possible and not route through another device

Comment

Originally posted by kaldoon View Post
              The Z-Troller will try to talk to the Schlage Lock directly if at all possible and not route through another device
              Plus the last node is the only node that needs to 'beam' to the lock, so your configuration is optimal.
              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
              X