Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences between Troller S3, SE and PRO (beyond the chart)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differences between Troller S3, SE and PRO (beyond the chart)?

I've looked at the chart that outlines the differences between the three major controller types (Troller Series 3, Troller SE and PRO-100). However, it leaves me with questions.

Looking at the chart, I don't see much difference between the SE and the S3, beyond CPU speed, serial ports, and form factor. Serial ports can be dealt with via converters. So I'm left wondering if the SE is worth the extra expense and bigger form factor? I'm guessing that the biggest difference is in overall system response speed. Is that a fair statement? And if so, does anyone have any comment on how responsive the SE is?

From those two to the PRO-100, the biggest differences seem to be the Hardware Sentry, processor, and again form factor. Ignoring that the PRO-100 is usually installed by professionals, is there any real compelling reason to spend the hefty price tag difference on it?

regards,

Paul

Bump.

Really, does noone have any input on this? Homeseer folks, I think it's important to mention a bit more about the differences on your comparison chart. I *suspect* that the single biggest difference between the hardware is performance, but to what degree? The average joe needs to know why he/she should spend the extra money on a HomeTroller S3 or Pro-100. Extra ports don't mean much, as ports can be externally expanded cheaply. Is the performance difference noticable?

I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade my cheap desktop box to one of the above controllers, and if so which one. Or perhaps I should just go buy a small solid state system without HS on it and transfer my existing HS install onto it... *shrug*...

regards,

Paul

Comment

Working...
    X