Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to transmit RF signal

Hello,

I have WS13A switch in a section of my house that does not receive powerline signals. If I put a RF to powerline receiver in that section, I can control the light from an RF remote. Is there a way Homeseer can transmit the signal to this device via RF instead of only powerline?

Thanks!

Drew

Use the CM17A or CM19 plugins with corresponding hardware. The CM15A may also do it.

Comment

How to learn and transmit RF commands using Homeseer

I am not sure if this is even possible, but I have some devices in my home that respond to RF commands (ceiling fan, blinds etc). I would really like to be able to have Homeseer learn these specific RF commands, and then be able to transmit them to the associated devices. Is there any such device that would allow this? I currently do this with IR commands for a number of devices that respond to IR commands, but would live to extend this control to RF devices. I would like to point out that these are NOT X10 devices. Any assistsnce with this would be most greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,

George

Comment

I don't think there is, the RFXCOM looks to support a whole range of devices but I don't believe it will learn the RF signal and retransmit it. I've been thinking recently whether you could use something like an Arduino and a cheap RF receiver and transmitter unit (hundreds out there on ebay) and see about receiving raw RF commands, capturing them and then repeating them - only a pipe dream though, imagine it will be another one of my failed ideas.

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply MrHappy! I have even thought about getting an extra RF remote for the devices, and then using some relays to simulate button presses. I was just hoping for a more elagent solution to my problem.

Your idea of using a small micro controller to independently control an inexpensive RF transeiver seems like it may be a good alternative solution.

Thanks again. If anybody else has any other good ideas, I sure would love to hear about them.

Cheers,

George

Comment

Originally posted by grp View Post
            I am not sure if this is even possible, but I have some devices in my home that respond to RF commands (ceiling fan, blinds etc). I would really like to be able to have Homeseer learn these specific RF commands, and then be able to transmit them to the associated devices. Is there any such device that would allow this? I currently do this with IR commands for a number of devices that respond to IR commands, but would live to extend this control to RF devices. I would like to point out that these are NOT X10 devices. Any assistsnce with this would be most greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,

George
            Oh man, that's what got me started with Home Automation again and here I am.
            I've hacked together lamp modules for Ceiling fan lights, and Fan Speed Switch in the housings. Then they come out with that Fanlinc from Insteon that probably would have met my needs.

What did you wind up doing?

Comment

Working...
            X