Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Lever Lock Stuck

Hello:

I have the Schlage Link entery lever lock. Last night I noticed that the latch was stuck/pushed in and does not want to come out..Has anyone experience this problem?? Any help out greatly be appreicated.

TIA!

Dump

I'd probably remove the lock from the door and deal with the latch. The latch might be misaligned causing it to stick in. A bit of WD40 might prevent this happening again.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by dumpmyster View Post
      Hello:

I have the Schlage Link entery lever lock. Last night I noticed that the latch was stuck/pushed in and does not want to come out..Has anyone experience this problem?? Any help out greatly be appreicated.

TIA!

Dump
      I have the lever latch (it doesn't lock) which is very similar for the latch and it stuck. I loosened up all the bolts, applied some lube (high quality bike chain lube), wiped it down, moved the mechanism until it moved freely, then closed and latched the door with a tiny bit of pressure. Then I tighted up the bolts while exercising the latch open/close. It doesn't stick any more.

At the same time, I did the same thing for the deadbolt and it opens even more easily than before. WAF high!
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
      X