X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
    Thanks Mark,
    Do you have any info about how we can make this work? Could the firmware not be telling homeseer that it should have 5 devices instead of 1.

Also this device looks like it uses Associations instead of having a button for each, i have noticed that the homeseer log shows when a button is pressed when that button is associated to homeseer.
    Sorry, we never had one of these inhouse. We sold the relay wall switches for about 5 months and then dropped them due to the high pricing. It's quite possible that the firmware is causing the issues (likely actually). I would highly recommend returning them or putting them on ebay and getting one of the supported controllers (Leviton/Cooper) to do what you want.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      I would highly recommend returning them or putting them on ebay and getting one of the supported controllers (Leviton/Cooper) to do what you want.
      Mark, the advantage these have at the moment is they are 20usd from monster. If someone mailed one to you would you guys be able/prepaired to take a look?
      HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
      https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
        Mark, the advantage these have at the moment is they are 20usd from monster. If someone mailed one to you would you guys be able/prepaired to take a look?
        Understood... cheap is a good motive for getting these! Unfortunately, these are discontinued, dead products and our plates are already overflowing with current projects (HS3, in particular). We just don't have the resources to mess with these.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Does anyone know how I get these devices out of my troller? Surely someone on here has had a device fail to add before...

Comment

So here is the answer in case anyone else runs into this.

If you Add a device to your Z-troller, then try and import it to Homeseer and that fails, do NOT simply try re adding the device to the Z-Troller. In my case this caused the device to simply get the next available node number, and in my persistence and impatience I did this several times before I realized what was happening. Once this has happened, the Z-troller thinks it has several new devices to add to Homeseer and you are left with no good way to get rid of them, since they never added properly.

The answer is to go to the Setup -> Interfaces -> Manage page for your Z-troller, perform a backup of the Z-troller (Click Backup Network). Then go to the directory that was mentioned on the backup page and open the file (By default this is sample.Zwave) and delete the lines of the file that contain the offending device numbers. Save the file. On the Manage page click on Erase Interface which will delete everything out of your Z-troller, but leave everything in Homeseer alone. Then you simply click on the Restore Network button, making sure that the file in the drop down is the file you edited, and this will put all of your devices back the way they should be. Once this is done you should Optimize a couple of times to make sure your routing tables get fully updated.

Note: Just in case you edit or otherwise mess up the backup file while editing it is a good idea to make 2 separate backups so you are not hosed in case of a screw up.

Hope this helps guys, and thanks a lot to the guy who emailed me the validation of this method!

Comment

Working...
            X