Everspring Siren cannot add - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everspring Siren cannot add - Fixed!

Im trying to add the Everspring siren to my Z-wave network. I can get it add, but when homeseer queries the device for its capabilities it fails, and the node fails to add. Any special trick to adding this device?

You get free 30 days support so I would recommend putting in a help desk request on this.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Interesting

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      You get free 30 days support so I would recommend putting in a help desk request on this.
      I have done that. I hope they can answer my question.
      Last edited by fdarden; July 18, 2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Just realized

I opened this in the X-10 area, meant to open it under Z-wave, can an admin move this thread for me?

Comment

Figured it out

I figured it out. You hit the add node but 3 times very quickly, and then wait for the beep. I was hitting it two times and holding it in on the third..

Comment

Loud as all get out

Did I mention that this thing is a REAL siren? It is so loud, a real attention getter. We are going to be using this for our server room to monitor the temperature, humidity, lights, and log access to the room, among other things. This siren works out perfectly. Now it will be VERY obvious to all when we exceed a temperature threshold. Previously we had a RED fire engine light plugged into a zwave switch. That was ok if you were in the room where the light was. This works out much bettter!

Comment

Another idea for using this siren would be too setup events to trigger this based on water sensors around the house. I am considering doing this at my home and triggering off of my X-10 flood sensors (DS10 with a Leaf Wetness Sensor attached) based on conditions of sensor has been in alarm state for 1 hour and house alarm is disarmed so that it does not set off a loud as hell annoying siren when I am not at home.

Comment

was thinking a similar thing

Originally posted by chewie View Post
                Another idea for using this siren would be too setup events to trigger this based on water sensors around the house. I am considering doing this at my home and triggering off of my X-10 flood sensors (DS10 with a Leaf Wetness Sensor attached) based on conditions of sensor has been in alarm state for 1 hour and house alarm is disarmed so that it does not set off a loud as hell annoying siren when I am not at home.
                Everspring makes some Z-wave devices that appear to perform a similar function. I like your added touch of the alarm being disengaged. I was thinking the same thing about the siren going off when I am not there.

Comment

Good idea

Originally posted by chewie View Post
                  I have had a backed up A/C unit cause 10,000 worth of damage to my home. Luckily Sears caused it by a faulty install and covered the damage, but I learned from this...

To this point, I have been using an 8 dollar device from Harbor Freight item # 98461

I took it and mounted it so that the water sensor was in the bottom of a plastic pan, and placed the contraption underneath each of my A/C units. This has been working great. Its 80DB alarm is VERY noticeable. Unless you are not at home. Im thinking the next thing is to get those A/C units on using the new everspring moisture sensors. Seems like cheap insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by fdarden View Post
                    I have had a backed up A/C unit cause 10,000 worth of damage to my home. Luckily Sears caused it by a faulty install and covered the damage, but I learned from this...

To this point, I have been using an 8 dollar device from Harbor Freight item # 98461

I took it and mounted it so that the water sensor was in the bottom of a plastic pan, and placed the contraption underneath each of my A/C units. This has been working great. Its 80DB alarm is VERY noticeable. Unless you are not at home. Im thinking the next thing is to get those A/C units on using the new everspring moisture sensors. Seems like cheap insurance.
                    Well we added the Everspring moisture sensors this morning and that went perfectly. I dont think we will have a problem with A/C units flooding the house again. They work great so far!

Comment

Working...
                    X