zwave hanging occasionally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zwave hanging occasionally

I have about 30 or so zwave devices and a zstick II. I poll most of these devices every 5 minutes or so. I'm on 2.5.0.21, upgrading to 23 right now..

Every few days, sometimes weeks, zwave hangs and homeseer can no longer speak to the zstick. Restarting homeseer makes it all work again. I never have to reset the zstick, its just homeseer failing to speak to it.

This is a pain because my lights end up being left on when they should be getting turned off.

Is this a known homeseer problem? Any way to get someone looking into it? Is there a better place to look for debug info, some sort of debug more to make the logging more detailed? Anything to aid in the debug of this issue? Failing that, any way to make homeseer restart itself daily?

When the problem happens the log gets a bunch of these:
    7/23/2011 8:36:05 AM ~!~Warning~!~Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 26 waited 6 seconds
    7/23/2011 8:36:19 AM ~!~Warning~!~Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 28 waited 6 seconds
    7/23/2011 8:36:29 AM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Warning - failed receiving an interface acknowledgement for transmission to node 29 before timeout - the command may not have succeeded.

When I shut down homeseer, I see the following in the log:
    7/23/2011 10:14:44 PM ~!~Shutdown~!~Shutting down Z-Wave ...
    7/23/2011 10:14:44 PM ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Exception sending a frame to the Z-Wave interface: Thread was being aborted.
    7/23/2011 10:14:44 PM ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Exception in transmit: Thread was being aborted.
    7/23/2011 10:14:44 PM ~!~Warning~!~Z-Wave GetSwitchLevel: Thread was being aborted.
    7/23/2011 10:14:45 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Exiting receive thread

it happened again, this time on .23.

What sort of debug options should I enable to get more information. And how do I make homeseer restart itself daily in the meantime?

Comment

FWIW, I struggled with this issue for months using a Z-Stick. Then I moved it about 4 feet away from the computer rack where its server was located. Suddenly all the optimizations were error-free and reception to the more difficult devices (Kwikset locks) were excellent.

Comment

Working...
      X