Event won't run until I restart HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event won't run until I restart HS

I have an event to run my pool pump for 20 minutes when I add chlorine during the week. It's a very simple event; if K4 is changed to on then make an announcement, turn on the pump, wait 20 minutes, turn it off. The announcement is only trying to be made on the server PC, no where else.

Sometimes this event won't trigger, other times it will. On the occasion where I try to activate it and it does not trigger the log file confirms K4 changed state to on and the event did not trigger. I also can not trigger it from the Events page when hitting the RUN button. However if I then restart HS, immediately after the restart the event triggers on by itself! Also after the restart the event will work normally if I try to run it. Seems to be stuck in a cue somewhere...

I'm running 2.5.0.23, but this has occurred with previous versions too. I have a dedicated HS PC with plenty of horsepower.

It clearly seems to be a HS bug to me. Any recommendations on how to fix this?
    Attached Files

It could be the time of day/sunset condition you have there....
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
      It could be the time of day/sunset condition you have there....
      Actually the time of day/sunset provision is not yet set. It's a line that is available to be set as an addition, but not yet included until the Submit button is pressed. If it was included it would be in blue text under group 1.

Thanks for responding though...

Comment

You have a condition trigger. That shouldn't be a problem, but it would be more direct to have a status change trigger. Is there a reason you've chosen the condition?

The 20 min wait is probably not a factor in failure to trigger, but it's a long wait, and I've had serious problems with waits longer than a minute. I'd suggest a delayed event for the off actions.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Have the device status set to a value for exactly say 2 seconds, then run the event actions, the last of which is to set up the delayed event (20 minutes delayed) to run those last actions.

yes, 20 minutes is a long time to wait.

Also, it would probably be a good idea to force it to only allow one instance to run at a time, though it's unlikely with proper conditiional triggering and no wait events.
          huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I'll change it to status change and only allow one instance, both easy changes. I did not use the condition trigger for any special reason, just did not know any different.

I've used 4 hour waits for years in other events with no problems, so I don't think that is my problem to trigger the event. However if it somehow got hung up on a previous use of this event I could see how there might be some buggy interaction.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

So I changed it to a status change trigger and today it would not run again. I again had to restart HS to make the event work.

Also, where did the only allow one instance to run at a time check box go? I don't see it any more.

Should I just blow this event away and recreate it?

Comment

Working...
              X