GE 4 button controller: What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE 4 button controller: What is it?

I am looking at the GE 4 button controllers in the Homeseer store to use in place of my Monster Scene controllers that failed miserably, but I am not sure what the GE controller actually IS? Is it a scene controller, a zone controller or both? It says it holds 4 scenes and 4 groups, but I am not sure exactly what they mean by that.

Are any of you guys using these devices? How do you like them as compared to the MUCH higher priced Leviton and even higher priced Cooper controllers?

Originally posted by chewie View Post
    I am looking at the GE 4 button controllers in the Homeseer store to use in place of my Monster Scene controllers that failed miserably, but I am not sure what the GE controller actually IS? Is it a scene controller, a zone controller or both? It says it holds 4 scenes and 4 groups, but I am not sure exactly what they mean by that.

Are any of you guys using these devices? How do you like them as compared to the MUCH higher priced Leviton and even higher priced Cooper controllers?
    Are you refering to this:
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/GE-4...r-P939C70.aspx

if so i have one. To start with it is battery operated and stick on.

From what i can tell it only seems to store the first 32 nodes of my z-wave network.

It works with non scene capable devices in group mode so i don't think it will work the same way as the Leviton.

I have not tested the scene part yet but i think it will work the same way as my GE remote in that it just remebers the dim levels of your device. I have not tested to see if i can assoicate it to homeseer.

P.s. what did you end up doing with your iwc600?
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

The 45631 Controller does not support the scene class in the firmware. Works fine as a Zone Controller.

Comment

I have not done anything with my iwc600 yet, I think I am just going to send them back.

Ahh, OK, so you set up groups of lights and it turns them on or off or dim based on the toggle you are using. Basically a Zone controller then.

I don't think I want to mess with this if it is a stick on, I would rather have it hard wired.

Thanks for the info Raptor and Kaldoon!

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
          I don't think I want to mess with this if it is a stick on, I would rather have it hard wired.
          That was accually why i bought it. I needed Z-wave control on a wall with no power .

I'll test scene's tonight and let you know what it does.
          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Working...
          X