Can't configure ACT TI103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't configure ACT TI103

I've been using the ACT TI103 for a couple years without any problems until now. I just moved my Homeseer 2.5.0.23 installation to a new computer running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. (The old computer died so I had no choice). I followed the recommended procedure for moving HS2 and I think almost everything is working okay. However, the Homeseer log shows an error message for the TI103 (plugin version 2.0.0.5) :

8/10/2011 7:02:06 PM - Plug-In - Initializing X10 Plug-in: ACT TI103 On COM Port 6
    8/10/2011 7:02:06 PM - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: ACT TI103
    8/10/2011 7:02:06 PM - Info - TI103 Plug-in, Version 2.0.5
    8/10/2011 7:02:06 PM - COM Plugin Error - Error initializing X10 Interface: Invalid port number

So I went to Tools|Setup|Interfaces and clicked on Config for the TI103. Instead of bringing up the Config screen, I get an error box that says:

Runtime Error 13: Type Mismatch

That leads to an error in the HS2 log:

8/10/2011 7:03:08 PM - COM Plugin Error - Error initializing X10 Interface: ActiveX component can't create object

I've tried disabling the TI103 and renabling it. I also have gone to updater, downloaded and reinstalled the TI103 2.0.0.5 plugin. All without any success.

There is no COM Port 6 on the new computer and I need to reset the TI103 to use COM Port 1. Any suggestions?

Bill

Not sure but I think I read somewhere that running HS2 in 64bit causes some problems. Have you tried running in compatibility mode?
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Ihadn't thought of that but I may give it a try.

I finally realized a little while ago that the HS2 interfaces page has a text box for the TI103 that let me reset the COM port without having to access the actual TI103 config screen. So the device now appears to be working.

I'll see if compatability mode can help with some of the many other issues I've run into since I moved HS to this W764 box.

Thanks!

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by xlucent View Post
        Ihadn't thought of that but I may give it a try.

I finally realized a little while ago that the HS2 interfaces page has a text box for the TI103 that let me reset the COM port without having to access the actual TI103 config screen. So the device now appears to be working.

I'll see if compatability mode can help with some of the many other issues I've run into since I moved HS to this W764 box.

Thanks!

Bill
        This caught my eye... what do you mean by "access the actual TI103 config screen"?
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The TI has a software package that communicates directly from the PC through the serial port for ensuring that it works. I know that smarthome has it as a download.
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X