Z-Stick API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Stick API

Does anyone know where to get the API for the Aeon Labbs Z-Stick-2?

I would like to access it programatically and it sits on a normal COM port, any info on serial port parameters and the commands and responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    bob

Bob - The stick (like the majority of controllers) uses the (licensed) Zensys serial API which available via the Z-Wave developer's kit. I believe DigiKey sells the kit.

Note: if you're looking for an ASCII based controller, there are two: The Leviton VRC0P (not compatible with HomeSeer) and the Cooper RF232 (compatible with HomeSeer but not with Z-Wave beaming devices).
    Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Found 2 API implementations...

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      Bob - The stick (like the majority of controllers) uses the (licensed) Zensys serial API which available via the Z-Wave developer's kit. I believe DigiKey sells the kit.

Note: if you're looking for an ASCII based controller, there are two: The Leviton VRC0P (not compatible with HomeSeer) and the Cooper RF232 (compatible with HomeSeer but not with Z-Wave beaming devices).
      Thanks for that info - I googled the developer's kit and it costs $1,500!

But thanks to Google I found an open-source C++ Linux implementation, and thanks to a PM from another forum poster a much simpler C# tutorial that looks *very* promising...

It's just 1's and 0's after all

bob

Comment

Google hosts open source Z Wave API

http://code.google.com/p/open-zwave

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyBob View Post
          Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
          X