Schlage Locks Battery Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Locks Battery Status?

My Schlage locks have been installed long enough that the Battery Status in Homeseer is getting low. Does anyone know WHICH battery the status is referring to, or is it both sets of batteries in combination? Should both sets be changed?

Thought I'd find out what others experience was before I jumped in and started changing batteries.

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
    My Schlage locks have been installed long enough that the Battery Status in Homeseer is getting low. Does anyone know WHICH battery the status is referring to, or is it both sets of batteries in combination? Should both sets be changed?

Thought I'd find out what others experience was before I jumped in and started changing batteries.
    I too look forward to this answer.

My first set of batteries lasted a very long time. Was about to go on vacation when the battery level fell below 10%, so instead of handing out keys to anyone needing access, changed the batteries - all of them. 100% for a very long time after changing with fresh batteries.

These schlage locks have generated the highest WAF. Even if HS doesn't talk to the lock, keyless entry really helped. Putting the iron on an appliance module was nice too. Forget whether the iron is on, turn off the appliance module and no turning around to find it iron was already off and cool...

It's probably one of those things where it's better to simply replace all the batteries while the cover is off, similar to replacing water pump while replacing timing belt on my honda. Less complicated and less WAF-costly to just swap them all.

{the engineer in me wants to know the answer but the practical side says it's not going to change anything}
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
    X