Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-Stick will not go into add mode - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Stick will not go into add mode - Solved!

Updated to firmware 3.7 and now I have a solid blue light. It is working fine and I have 20 device's in my homeseer. I shut down homseer, remove the z-stick and go to add device's and the z-stick will not go into add mode. Any ideas?

Have you tried a reset?
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Yes, tried the reset function.

Comment

Did it ever work after the FW upgrade?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Actually, I was referring to the reset button on the back of the ZStick. Press and hold with a paper clip for 3-4 seconds. There doesn't seem to be much if any documentation on this so do so at your risk.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

The reset on the z-stick did nothing.
            When you push the button to go into add mode it goes solid. If you hold it down it does a slow flash. (Tried to add while holding it down. Did not work.) If you continue to hold down it flashes fast (like delete mode.)
            It is still working with Homeseer, no problems. Just won't add devices.

Comment

Anything??????? Anybody....

Comment

First I would suggest the standard drill... go through the moves you described and get the log files & post. Also describe in detail what happens when you can't go into add mode.. Is there no option to select? Error messages?

Second, do you have the last firmware file for what you upgraded from or is that available? Can you downgrade for now?
                Paul

Comment

It sounds to me like the FW update may have glitched and left the stick in an unusable state.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I've just got my first z-wave controller and I've got the exact same issue.

No flashing at all.

Can someone suggest good firmware to test with?
                    My model is a DSA07203-ZWAU

Comment

Never mind, I fixed it.

I removed the device from the pairing, then re-added it using the software not the inbuilt association system. Worked perfect since then.

Comment

Working...
                      X