Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What needs to be done for voice recognition to be activated -Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What needs to be done for voice recognition to be activated -Solved!

Hi all,

I connected a blue ball microphone (http://www.bluemic.com/snowball/?v=b) to my HSProSE. WinXP recognized it right away (the USB icon saying "Blue ball connected").

I went into the HomeSeer speaker, and clicked on START LISTENING.

I went next to the blue ball, and said "Computer" ... but nothing happens.

Is there anything else to be done ?

Thank you

Originally posted by simon templar View Post
    Hi all,

I connected a blue ball microphone (http://www.bluemic.com/snowball/?v=b) to my HSProSE. WinXP recognized it right away (the USB icon saying "Blue ball connected").

I went into the HomeSeer speaker, and clicked on START LISTENING.

I went next to the blue ball, and said "Computer" ... but nothing happens.

Is there anything else to be done ?

Thank you
    Check your settings in the windows control panel speech applet, you may have to configure your audio input to the USB device (if windows recognises it as an audio input), there is a configure microphone option to also look at which adjusts volume and some other settings.

Then you may have to train it and get it used to your voice, usually consists of reading the computer some text and the recognition success gradually increased - the train profile button in the speech settings does this.

Comment

The Blue Snowball is selected by default in the voice recording settings.
      I will check the speech training part tomorrow.

Is this what everybody has to do (training) usually ?
      Does anythings needs to be done beside that ? (reboot after plugin the microphone, validate a setting...)
      All I did was to create a test event and in the voice part i wrote "lock the kitchen door" selected "Voice command enabled" and that's it right ?

Thanks

Comment

Can you record a wav file using the Sound Recorder app that comes with XP?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

[FIXED] - What needs to be done for voice recognition to be activated ?

I had my wife try it. It worked the first time.
          Root cause: My french accent...

I guess I need to train the biatch inside the box...

Comment

Working...
          X