X10 DeviceLastChange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 DeviceLastChange

HS2 seems to have stopped registering X10 Motion Sensor triggered events (reliability < 5%). I use DeviceLastChange to determine how to manage lights in the evening. They've been misbehaving since July, but I've only payed attention as it gets dark earlier. The X10-direct-control lights work (kitchen lights come on, porch lights come on), but HS2 does not "see" the change.

I'm running HS 2.5.0.20 with Insteon Plug-in PLM 1.5.5.10 (PLM Mode) and a 2413U interface. The motion sensors are ActiveHome RMS18 read by Powerhouse TM751.

This worked reliably (I think) prior to upgrade of the Insteon plug-in.

I've swapped every component (except the 2413) with no change. I've installed new batteries in every sensor, again no change. I've changed X10 codes and deleted/recreated HS devices with no change.

I need help to keep my dogs out of the dark!

Are the lights that you are turning on shining on to the motion sensors? If so, do you have the sensors programmed for night only operation? See the catch 22 there?
    Paul

Comment

Had another thought, which RF plugin are you using ACRF?
      Paul

Comment

No, lights are not shining on sensor. The X10 is working, but HS isn't seeing it.

Comment

Not sure what ACRF means. I'm running the Insteon PLM plug-in 1.5.5.10. HS correctly controls both my X10 and Insteon devices, and "sees" Insteon changes.

Comment

Originally posted by madmellow View Post
            Not sure what ACRF means. I'm running the Insteon PLM plug-in 1.5.5.10. HS correctly controls both my X10 and Insteon devices, and "sees" Insteon changes.
            How are your RF signals from your sensors getting onto the powerline, what receiver are you using?

Paul
            Paul

Comment

I thought I saw mention somewhere that Mark was dropping support for X10 in the PLM plugin but I'm not sure but this could be your issue. You could pick up an older CM11A or TI-103 and enable the built in plugins for these to get back up and going though.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                I thought I saw mention somewhere that Mark was dropping support for X10 in the PLM plugin but I'm not sure but this could be your issue. You could pick up an older CM11A or TI-103 and enable the built in plugins for these to get back up and going though.
                Rupp, that's not the case, that's how I get x10, through the PLM 2413U. I was thinking it was the house code check boxes in ACRF for retransmit or emluate, but its an external powerline receiver
                Paul

Comment

Just to clarify, HS is seeing no X10 activity at all? Can you transmit from x10 and control any module, even plugged in right by the PLM?
                  Paul

Comment

X10 is seeing some activity. HS reliably (as much as X10 can get) controls X10 devices, it just is not seeing status changes.

Comment

Ok, that's good, it means that the plugin and 2413U are doing their thing correctly. What I have heard is that the 2413U is not as powerful an X10 transmitter as others. I haven't experienced that, but you've tied the problems to adding the plm and some functions do continue to work.

At a minimum, the trip over the power line from you TI RF receiver and the PLM is not making it anymore. Is there a way to try other outlets for either? Start with PLM, test what you can with each move.

On final possibility is that some new item has been introduced to your power line around that same time; appliance, battery charger, etc. I am plauged by this from time to time. Its an x10 reality.
                      Paul

Comment

Agreed. Something has happened to swallow part of the signal. I need to do more research to determine if it's a "one leg" problem or what. Either way, thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                        X