Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm events

Greetings all,

I'm trying to do something pretty simple.
    I have 2 modules: A door sensor, and a siren.

I setup a virtual device called SIREN ARMED which can be ON of OFF.

I have a manual event that runs the SIREN for 5 seconds, on the condition that IF the SIREN ARMED is ON.

I have an event that runs the previous event when the door sensor is opened.

Now, no matter if the SIREN ARMED is ON or OFF, it always goes off.

What's the trick for this scenario ?

One thing to check: when you create an event that runs a manual event with a condition, be sure to click on "Switch to Advanced View", then check the box "Run Only If Conditions are TRUE"
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Hi Mike,

I don t see anything that says ADVANCED...

Right now, I deleted everything and I am trying to recreate:

- Virtual device (SIREN ARMED)
      - Manual event: SIREN ON, THEN SIREN OFF (delayed 5sec)

I obviously cannot run a condition in the manual event, because any time I would arm the siren, then it would run. So I need third event:

if door opens AND [siren armed]=on , then run the manual event

My only issue is that even if the siren is not armed, the manual event runs. in this part, I did not find anything to run the event only if all conditions are true. there is no ADVANCED button.

thanks

Comment

Never mind, I have it working.
        I don t know what I did before, but now I have a condition on another event:

if [siren] armed && door [open] then run_alarm

it works.
        thx

Comment

Originally posted by simon templar View Post
          I don t see anything that says ADVANCED...
          Glad you got it working. The button I'm referring to is on the Action tab in the upper right corner. See screen shots below.
          Attached Files
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Greetings,

Whenever I do a trigger on condition, this button does not show up in the action list.

Comment

Originally posted by simon templar View Post
              Whenever I do a trigger on condition, this button does not show up in the action list.
              That's strange. One thing to keep in mind, it only shows up if you are adding or editing an action. It doesn't show up if you are only looking at the list of actions. The check box will appear only if you have selected an action to run an event and that event was created as 'Manual with conditions'.

Comment

I can see the advanced button, but there is nothing to click about the condition, like what youhave..
                Attached Files

Comment

The only possibility I can think of is that HS does not think that event (Default [SEND_TXT] - Garage door closed) is 'Manually Triggered With Conditions'. Is it listed in that section on your events page?

Comment

Working...
                  X