Two W80032 on one system ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two W80032 on one system ?

After running a W80032AE (European version - 433Mhz) for nearly two years i have only just worked out that I can purchase a standard W80032 (310Mhz) version and connect to my HS2 PC alongside the 433Mhz receiver when running ACRF2, is this correct? I realsie I will need two USB/Serial ports which is not a problem.

The reason why I want the US 310Mhz receiver is the wireless X10 devices from the US are a fraction of the cost of the Australian equivelant (an AU Hawke Eye 13 = US$45, 3 x Eagle Eye MS14a = US$39).

I also assume that with the ACRF2 plugin I will be able to use the DS10A wireless switches as standard HS2 devices as i do not want to use the ACRF2 inbuilt security system?

Originally posted by Delboy View Post
    After running a W80032AE (European version - 433Mhz) for nearly two years i have only just worked out that I can purchase a standard W80032 (310Mhz) version and connect to my HS2 PC alongside the 433Mhz receiver when running ACRF2, is this correct? I realsie I will need two USB/Serial ports which is not a problem.

The reason why I want the US 310Mhz receiver is the wireless X10 devices from the US are a fraction of the cost of the Australian equivelant (an AU Hawke Eye 13 = US$45, 3 x Eagle Eye MS14a = US$39).

I also assume that with the ACRF2 plugin I will be able to use the DS10A wireless switches as standard HS2 devices as i do not want to use the ACRF2 inbuilt security system?
    Yes you can run two W800s along side each other, in fact you need to if you are using both frequencies. As for the DS10s theyb have to be set up as security devices in ACRF but you can control HS devices with them.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
      Yes you can run two W800s along side each other, in fact you need to if you are using both frequencies. As for the DS10s theyb have to be set up as security devices in ACRF but you can control HS devices with them.
      Perfect and thank you, now I can start adding door switches and the other goodies available in the US which the small Australian market make financially unviable from a manufacturing perspective.

Just how many people in a country of 24 million are deploying X10, how many want to use a door switch, doorbell, pressure pad etc. Use of the different RF frequency together with any mains power changes for pin layout and voltage pushes X10 out of the main stream.

Comment

Working...
      X