events using motion sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

events using motion sensors

I've several events that though my Homeseer into a loop. I'm attaching a printscreen of one of them. Which is pretty basic, but representative, I thought. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Hi, the printscreen didn't attach. The message board only uploads certain formats of files which is on the upload page (I just ran into this yesterday)
    Paul

Comment

motion sensor events

let's see if this works with the attachment. Forgive me,This is the first time I've tried to post the attachment.
      Attached Files

Comment

I think it might be two things.

1. A long as the motion sensor is on, it will continue to execute. The trigger to think about is "changes to on". A subtle difference, but you want it to happen when the motion is first detected
        2. In the first tab of the event, Name, there is an input box for "Can not retrigger for _____ seconds". Define how long a single encounter with the motion sensor should be before creating another encounter. This one is more based on what you like. Typically it would be several minutes.

I don't know the motion sensor to know what causes it to switch to off, but that is worth looking at.

Paul
        Paul

Comment

event Z wave motion sensor

well, I believe that I have created an event with a motion sensor that works and doesn't send into a loop. However, it seemed relatively bulky. If someone has a chance, that understands this stuff, would you kindly critique my event. I have read everything I can find on the forum, and in the help files. Thanks for reading this.
          Attached Files

Comment

event with motion detector

by the way, thanks PBIBM

Comment

Working...
            X