Control Dim Speed on Deactivate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Dim Speed on Deactivate

I know we can set the speed a lamp dims up when a link is activated, can we control how fast it dims when it is deactivated?

I believe that you set that up with the fade rate in upstart for the link itself, however I'm not sure if you can set a different fade rate for activate and another for deactivate unless you set up a separate link for each of those.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

In certain rooms I have a link set up to activate when the occupancy sensor turns off that slowly dims all the lighting to 0 percent over about a minute period. This gives folks in the room warning to move a bit if they don't want the lights to go all the way out.

Only problem is, my keypad light still shows the lights as being on; which I guess they sort of are, since it is done with an activated link, rather than deactivate...

Of course, I just realized I think I can turn the keypad light off from HomeSeer anyways...

Comment

I have HAI keppads in each room and for somethings I had to setup a HS event to keep everything in sync, much like you're finding
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

In this case I was able to add the link to the "Indicators" tab in UPStart and just set the LED to "Off".

Just finished a kitchen remodel and in the process installed a couple of the quad rockers with the SA US2-40 bases and also a Pulsworx 8 button keypad.

I am amazed at how flexible this platform is! I think you can customize about any aspect from the double-taps, the "super-rocker", the led status, the variable dimming times, etc. It's really quite impressive. You can do an awful lot before HomeSeer even gets in the picture.

I have a fair amount of Z-wave in my house and office and have no complaints on it's basic performance, it's just not near as configurable, and the keypads just plain suck compared to what SA/Pulseworx has going with UBP; which is what forced me to try UPB in the first place.

Also, I have been forbidden to install any more of the Z-Wave Leviton "Decora" style switches where you have to hit the bottom of the paddle to turn on or turn off the switch. Not wife friendly and certain not guest friendly. Never understood why they went that direction... Nuts really.

Anyways, just really impressed with how well thought out the UPB stuff seems to be...

I guess the beauty of HomeSeer is that it makes it fairly painless to use more than one lighting system at the same time.

Comment

Working...
          X