updater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updater

I had homeseer running on a this computer but had to replace the hard drive.I purchased homeseer using a unlock code. When I downloaded version 1.6 it did not install the updater. There is no updater.exe file and no updater folders. I am running windows 98 w explorer 4.0. Do I have to upgrade to Explorer 5.0

What happens when you go to Help, Updates in Homeseer?

Comment

I get error getting update files. Run-time error 339

Comment

Are you behind a router? The updater uses the FTP port I believe. Are you running any thing like Zone Alarm this also can cause problems connecting.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I do not have zone alarm running. I will reset my router.

Comment

Hi jpxray,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I had homeseer running on a this computer but had to replace the hard drive.I purchased homeseer using a unlock code. When I downloaded version 1.6 it did not install the updater. There is no updater.exe file and no updater folders. I am running windows 98 w explorer 4.0. Do I have to upgrade to Explorer 5.0 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where to start. Lets start with Bill Gates, no you do not have to have Explorer 5.0.

The updater, as far as I have experienced, does not instal with the HS instalation, only acsess to it.

When you click on help then updates in HS you should be presented with option screens. Once you have completed that lot HS should connect to "Mother" via the internet and download the updater. After that it should automaticaly run the prog. and show all the updates. If you get that far update or instal only one thing at a time.

If you are not getting that far then it suggests a internet connection prob., or a firewall on your computer or your internet suppliers server.

If all fails raise a "ticket" with HomeSeer on there website, to be found under Tech Support.

Good Hunting,
            Gogs
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
            X