Made the plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made the plunge

I finally purchased Homeseer after reading this message forum for a long time. Right now I have just three lamp modules and One leviton 6381 switch running. I plan on adding caddx system and running my security camera's through homeseer, but one step at a time.

Now for the help. I am trying to access homeseer through the web. I am a little out of my league when it comes to configuring router. Through homeseer my web server is set to port 81. I have read post in regards to this matter but I am still lost.

I have a linksys befrsr41 router and am running xp pro with dsl. I know how to get into port forwarding in router but don't know what to enter to get web working. Can someone get me going in regards to this matter.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,
    I do not have that particular router but the way port forwarding works is you tell it the port you want opened and which machine on the LAN you want the request sent to. So do an ipconfig on your HS machine and get its ipaddress. This is what you key in for the address beside the port. It should be something like 192.168.x.x.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=82
      --------------------------------------------------
      **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Ok, I may have gotten it. I am able to type in 192.168.1.101:81 from my lan system(2 computers) and I can see devices page. I am able to turn devices on/off.

Now when I go to a computer outside of my home are you saying that I need to type in wan ip address that is on my linksys router page.

Let me know if I am on the right track.

I appreciate everyones help. I am just learning in beginning stages of home automation but I can't wait to integrate security system and security cameras.

Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

bso8870,

Here is another how-to, from the members of cocoontech, which may help you.

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=83

ITS Free!

Comment

Yes Mike your on the right track. If your router is properly set up then you should see it from the Wan side as well. If you need a test from someone and you would rather not post your ipaddress publicly, you can send me an email and I'll test to see if its working.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks, email sent.

Mike

Comment

Home Automation with help from this forum is sort of like cookies & milk...eggs & bacon...Laurel & Hardy...Me & strippers (wait, I'm married!)

They just go together.

Welcome Mike!

-Tom
                -Tom

Visit Kernhome
                Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

With this crowd... you can't go wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X